What's new

[ICS Question] Anyone having issues with their Touch ITs crashing lately?

DippyFresh

Reaction score
So here's what's been happening:

I have a pre-tunnel Touch IT that seemed to be crashing randomly.

Shook around the power cable, it crashes. "Oh ok I'll hook up a new power cable to the power supply, easy enough"

Do, that, does better (shaking the cable doesn't make it crash), but still crashes a few times randomly throughout the day.

"Hm, ok I'll switch out the whole Touch IT." I switch it out for a newer Touch IT.

Crashes...

"Oh ok so maybe it's the little Cosel 12V power supply then? I'll swap it out for an unused one." I swap it out, put the old Touch IT back in, aaand crashes once today.

"Ok wtf," so I put the newer Touch IT back with the newer power supply and the newer power cable and now I'm waiting to see what happens.

I thought it was possibly thermals that could be the issue but the thermal threshold is, according to ICS, a CPU temp of 180F. It doesn't get any higher than 120F and it has crashed at both 120F previously, and then 98F today. so it can't be a cooling issue. I also opened it up and checked the hardware and it's all clean and untouched. Fans are all spinning perfectly fine and I'm getting a good amount of airflow.

I'm at a loss at this point, and my only option seems to be getting a new $1900 Touch IT.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any words of wisdom for any others who have experience with ICS equipment?