What's new

IBA lorex cameras

Eric H

Reaction score
I have a Hikvision camera system that uses Northern industried cameras in the IBA and they seem to hold up pretty well. I am adding 2 IBA's to a different site with a Lorex camera sytem. Will the Northern Industies camera work with Lorex? If not, what Lorex compatiable camera are you using an an IBA? I'm not sure the standard Lorex camera will hold up in the harsh IBA enviornment.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have 2 iba's with lorex in both. aside from cleaning the lense with a dab of hf every few weeks they have been fime. I made a plastic enclosure for the connection to be inside of.

Roz

Reaction score
Costco is selling Lorex and Avertx packages. I purchased the Avertx 4k IP system (although the two companies look similar) since I could add additional 4k auto focus cameras to the system via Costco too. I called Avertx to upgrade the hard drive to 20TB since 4k pics are much larger than 1080 since the smaller drives can only record a few days of action even on the record on motion mode.

Etowah

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Costco is selling Lorex and Avertx packages. I purchased the Avertx 4k IP system (although the two companies look similar) since I could add additional 4k auto focus cameras to the system via Costco too. I called Avertx to upgrade the hard drive to 20TB since 4k pics are much larger than 1080 since the smaller drives can only record a few days of action even on the record on motion mode.
Roz, Eric & others,

Notice how much less the cost per terabyte of hard drive storage is compared to the past & the fact that it could continue to be much less costly in the future! The ability to zoom in & not get pixelated can be critical.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
My camera lenses always end up getting etched in our autos even if I clean them weekly, rain-x them etc. I bought this film about a month ago and cut quarter sized circles to cover the lens portion of my cameras. So far so good. I actually forgot I put the film on and tried to rain-x the one camera and clouded the film...no problem, peel it off and apply a new film circle.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...=2ahUKEwjxkOywxuvdAhUuq1kKHSpFBu8Q0Qx6BAgMEAE

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here... You bought an Avertx system @ Costoco, but called Avertx direct? Then, they traded out what you bought, & sent you an upgraded your new hard drive? How much was this system?

Roz

Reaction score
I purchased the 4k system from Costco, about $2000 for the 16 camera NVR system with 8 cameras. I then purchased the hard drive upgrade to 20TB for $700 from Avertx so I can store more days of pics. I emailed Avertx customer service after the purchase so they can upgrade the system to the larger hard drive. Customer service was easy to deal with and got the upgrade done.

There are way too many security camera companies out there, all with some sort of negative reviews. Many of the so called review websites are just shills for the company being promoted as best, a troubling new marketing trend especially in the security business.

Vote is out if I made a smart move as I am installing the cameras on Monday. Can update the quality and ease of installing. My current 1080 cameras show me the action but it I need to show something to police the picture is not great for IDing a person. 4K with zoom ability should be a big improvement.

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
Stevey Diamond, are you out there? What's your advice on this....?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
If the IP cameras from Northern industried cameras are ONVIF compliant then they should work with the Lorex system just fine. We are preparing to upgrade to 4K just got to water my money tree some more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just installed 4mp cameras at one site and they are pretty clear for long distances. I can see a block down the street across the main road from me well enough to id the make and model of a car or see a person walking around. On my property I can easily get clear images of people's faces but cannot get a clear image of a license plate 20ft away. Zooming in doesn't help. IDK if some settings need to adjusted or what but it is disappointing. It is a Samsung 16 camera system.

br549ms

Reaction score
I have some 4mp HD cameras as well as the 4K (8mp) cameras. I can read most plates from around 50' with the 4mp units, but can read the plates using the 4K units from 150' easily. What resolution is you monitor? Can you playback on a PC?
It is a Lorex system, but I am using the HD DVR that came with the 4mp HD camera system.

Reaction score
I am using a 1080 32" tv for a playback monitor. I changed the output resolution on the dvr to the highest setting 3xxxp or whatever it was, I'm not sure of the exact number but it didn't seem to make any difference. I don't think its my monitor because zooming in doesn't help at all, it actually is harder to read.

br549ms

Reaction score
I get the bet quality video using the Lorex PC NVR application on my Desktop. The application can be downloaded from their website. Maybe Samsung has a similar application?

Eric H

Reaction score
If the IP cameras from Northern industried cameras are ONVIF compliant then they should work with the Lorex system just fine.
I brought one of the Northern cameras to the site with the Lorex NVR and it didn't work. The box says ONVIF compliant but I couldn't get it to recognize the camera.
I think I am going to order 2 of these cameras but the 2 reviews don't seem promising https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-...p-camera-with-color-night-vision/LKE383AW-1-p

br549ms

Reaction score
Eric H, if you can wait, Lorex has a great black Friday sale every year. I am sure the price will be much lower.