What's new

IBA dryers

rtcgolf

Reaction score
I am thinking the dryers in my IBA, while necessary, do not impact the satisfaction our customers have with our touchless automatic. Does anyone have different thoughts on the value of IBA dryers?

Roz

Reaction score
Reactions can vary by customer. Some expect the car to be totally dry which is not realistic, some do not look at the car after exiting the IBA, some people go backwards at the exit to get all the time we allot, and some sit in the dryer area as if they are using a hair dryer on one spot of their car. We initially added the dryers to just the packages above the most basic and had too many questions about the dryer not coming on even though the menu signage is clear so we just put them on all the wash packages.

OurTown

Reaction score
Dry they may not but they do blow. Call them blowers. It might change customer perception.

rtcgolf

Reaction score
We have always had them on all wash packages. Like the idea of Blowers. But, are you all confirming what I believe, the effectiveness of the blower(dryer) is not that important. It is important to have them? We are replacing our IBA and the prices on blowers (dryers) are near the $20,000 range and DryerPros has products in the $11,000 range. Are there other blower(dryers) that are less expensive?

Attached is the Blower (dryer) we are looking at? Anyone, have exerience with this unit?

Attachments

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes blowers are essential to the car wash experience in an automatic bay. 3 out of 4 of my packages have blowers. Bottom pkg is least used by customers.

My blowers are made by Superior ( Now called Dryer Pros). Top oscillates, sides are stationary. Wouldn't imagine the wash without them.

I even added a blow dry option to my self serve bays. Customers love them!!!

washnshine

Reaction score
Most IBA operators are in some way competing with either an express exterior, or some type of tunnel. Since they pretty much always have blowers, IBA operators should probably offer the same to remain competitive. And if I were to buy a new IBA, I would go with free standing blowers to maximize throughput.

Getting the water to break really well and a good spot free final rinse will minimize the effect of any water that is still on the car for the customers that drive through in 5 seconds.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have older Ryko OHD dryers in my IBA's Although some people don't like them, I've been through many EE and other tunnels along with various IBA's and am convinced that my setup coupled with the drying agent I'm using dries just as good as any.

lb60605

Reaction score
Car Wash Guy, I agree the Ryko OHD dryers almost completely dry the vehicle. I give 1:30 minutes of dry time if you have a good drying
agent car will be 90% if customer use the total drying time.