What's new

IBA Bay size

lilb93

Reaction score
Thinking of installing an IBA in one of the SS bays. Problem is Bay size 25 X 14. Would anything fit in it??

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
About 10 years ago, I saw this done in Florida.

Dealer installed a mounting frame that was bolted to floor and side walls and extended several feet beyond the bay end-walls. It wasn’t pretty.

I can’t remember unit, but dealer handled PDQ and Coleman.

Some roll-overs could fit. For example, Broadway track is only 10’ by 23’ but requires 33’ bay length to accommodate brush rotation.

So, you would need building extensions.

mac

Reaction score
I have installed an Istobal friction M22 in a 25' by 13' bay in Florida. Had a canopy made up that "extended" the roof, mostly just to keep the sun off. Even the factory said it wouldn't fit, but it did.

ToFarGone

Reaction score
Thinking of installing an IBA in one of the SS bays. Problem is Bay size 25 X 14. Would anything fit in it??
Probably not in a way that would look or function right. I was at the same crossroads in 2008. Also you won't be able to wash longer vehicles (for me its a must, 4 door 8 foot bed). If there is anyway to extend your building it would open your options big time. You could get the machine you "want" and have confidence in and not have to go with "what fits".

soonermajic

Reaction score
Put your Laser in the front of the bay, under cover. It will extend out a couple feet while "In Wash", but just for a few seconds at a time. This is what I did.