What's new

I was wrong (choke choke gag cough cough)

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
In another thread I mentioned that nobody washes their cars when it gets below 20*F.

Well...it's 3*F at 2:45pm and my second customer of the day just left.

Stuart

Reaction score
After 32 years in the carwash business, I decided today to close both my washes with temps hovering at 10 plus windchill. I have never closed the washes unless there is a facility wide repair or problem.
So many times when it snows with frigid temps I have cars with snow all over the car blow it into the meter boxes and from 1-maybe 2 customers there is so much snow on the floor my floor heat cannot keep it from freezing and the next customer loses money from ice in the coin slot. So far I plan to stay closed tomorrow too. well see.

Reds

Reaction score
I get a lot more then one or two customers on bitter cold days. I think they are nuts. But the crust of ice and salt brine on their vehicles may as well be a sign that says "WASH ME". A day of temps in the 30's every couple days stirs up the dirt roads and makes me even more busy.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I get a lot more then one or two customers on bitter cold days. I think they are nuts. .
Ditto - Surprised the heck out of me especialy with the tunnel 50 feet away and for $3.50 they don't have to stand out in 10 degree weather. Then of course the guys with pickups wash them with the plows on.