What's new

I want to wire a relay off my WeepMizer to control my electric trough heat.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Hi guys -

When I bought my wash, they originally plumbed a loop off my floor heat into the trough with no independent control. The problem with that is that I keep the floor heat as low as possible and it was too low for the trough and I'd get occasional freezes.

I ended up running an receptacle to near the trough and now just plug in a long heating wire. Works great. Now I want to wire a relay off my free output on my WeepMizer to control it.

What would I need to do? Simply run it to a 24v relay and install that inline with the receptacle wiring supplying power to the heating wire? What kind of electrical box, if any, is the relay required to be in?

Thanks

celica

Reaction score
Hi Car wash guy, Your right on track. Use a 24 volt relay that is controlled off the 2nd output of the weepmizer. Then you would wire 120v through the relay to go to the dedicated outlet for your heat wire. Setting the secondary weepmizer temperature to 35 degrees for the turn on would be suitable, I assume it's self regulating heating cable, so turning it on early wouldn't matter.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
What Celiac said. That's how I have my heat cable wired. Except I have mine come on at 32 degrees. Same output 2 on the weepmizer activates floor heat and the LP winterizing system, all activated through relays that handle the load.