What's new

I want to start in the car wash business

Leoumbo

Reaction score
I live in Miami, I am new to business, I want to start a hand car wash, what do you recommend and the steps, rent a land or buy? etc

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think you'll get too much of a response on this forum regarding a hand car wash. Most of the operators on here have either self service car wash bays or automatic washes, either in Bay or fiction tunnels.

Leoumbo

Reaction score
I want to enable a hand car wash, what drainage do I need, the grease and sand trap and drainage, which would be the best type or the most convenient?

buda

Reaction score
What is your budget for this hand wash facility?

buda

Reaction score
You did not answer the question which was YOUR BUDGET for this hand wash operation?
Do you have a location? Is it zoned for a car wash? You need to apply for a permit before doing anything else. No permit, no hand car wash.
Do you have the money or the financing to develop the hand car wash business?

Answer the questions and I can help you.

Bud Abraham

soonermajic

Reaction score
I want to enable a hand car wash, what drainage do I need, the grease and sand trap and drainage, which would be the best type or the most convenient?
U need greaS & sand trap. Buy it, don't lease. Be willing to give anywhere around $500k, cayse you'll get your money back in 36 mos easy. Use an abandoned IBA

buda

Reaction score
The grease trap and oil water separator must be connected to the sanitary sewer. That said it would be prohibitive cost-wise to put one in I suspect as you are thinking of a simple hand wash.
Therefore, find a building that all ready has one. Old quick oil change/Lube bldg, a closed self-service car wash or an old gas station (note not all gas stations have an oil water separator connected to the sanitary sewer.
Once you find a location make sure it is zoned for a hand carwash and apply for a permit.
Then be certain you have the necessary financing for such a project.

gee gee

Reaction score
Starting a hand car wash in Miami is a great idea, and I can offer some specific advice. When deciding whether to rent land or buy, take your budget and long-term goals into account. Renting can be cost-effective initially, but owning offers long-term investment potential.

Location is crucial. Look for areas with high foot traffic or near busy intersections to attract customers. I also found that social media advertising and Google Ads are effective for car wash businesses in Miami.

To stay competitive, consider keeping an eye on your rivals' ad campaigns. Personally, I've been using the AdSpy Library to gain insights from my competitors' strategies. It's been a valuable tool for inspiration in refining my own marketing campaigns. Best of luck with your car wash venture!

Last edited: