What's new

I need to to drill out a lock

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Every September I get an attempted theft. (Gee, could it be that the university students just arrived in town?) Anyway, this time they hammered at the medeco lock (bay coin box) with a chisel, so I need to drill it out. Can those of you who know how to do this please email me with some details. Thanks.

Bill, nuke this post if necessary ... but please wait a day or two if you can. :)

Twodose

Reaction score
Every September I get an attempted theft. (Gee, could it be that the university students just arrived in town?) Anyway, this time they hammered at the medeco lock (bay coin box) with a chisel, so I need to drill it out. Can those of you who know how to do this please email me with some details. Thanks.
:)
Can you pm me with the details on how this is done, I also have a Medeco lock that needs to be removed. Thanks

washnvac

Reaction score
I will take a pm on that issue as well, please. I have a medco lock on a vacuum vault clean out box that someone tried to chizel into. I have not done anything with it, but I know one day I will need to get into it if a motor fails. I actually wish the guy had gotten into it. That would have been priceless to know he just broke into a vault with absolutely no money in it! Thanks in advance.

diycarwash

Reaction score
drilling a medeco T handle lock

I just bought a foreclosed car wash and need to drill out a couple of Medeco T handle locks. Anyone out there know the best way to do this? Do I need to call a locksmith?
Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
A locksmith should know how to get in without tearing up the equipment. I've successfully drilled out the locks before - PM me if you need details.

Yucatanstan

Reaction score
Could you send me whatever you found out on drilling out that medeco lock. I have two that have been damaged and I need to remove and replace. It is the type of medeco that is about 2 inches long and you turn and remove (cylindrical shape).

Thanks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
You're probably not going to get a lot of help. You're a brand new user, not identifying yourself, and your first post is asking how to break into a car wash. We're a little tight lipped when it comes to this stuff.

MikeV

Reaction score
It seems there is a rash of this going around. I just had a customer call me as someone tried to drill out his Medeco locks on his WSII. If someone would email or PM me with the details on how to get the locks out, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Pearland isn't far from Houston. Maybe MikeV could assist or vouch for this new guy?

MikeV

Reaction score
Yes, I can vouch for him. He is a customer of mine and a good guy. Someone tried to break into his WSII the other day and messed up the locks. To top it off, the bill validator in the WSII is jammed and he can't get into it to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
Good call on being cautious about passing on the info.

Kirb

Reaction score
Hey all,

Can someone PM or email me on how to drill the medco locks. Thanks in advance.

Kirb

Randy

Reaction score
Kirb,

I sent you an e-mail on how to

Hoser06

Reaction score
Hi all,
We had an attempted break in and picking of our bay vaults. I need to get into a damaged medco plug lock, since they must have decoupled our vac-it-up piping when they hit it with a sledgehammer.
Can someone PM or email me on how to drill the medco locks?

Thanks in advance!

Michael.supershine@gmail.com

Please disregard this request, I found an old PM from Randy with directions.
Much appreciated Randy!

Mike

Last edited:

NickM

Reaction score
My attendant broke off the key deep inside the Medco lock on my Rowe changer. It's the kind with the T handle that pops out. Going to try drilling it out, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Randy

Reaction score
My attendant broke off the key deep inside the Medco lock on my Rowe changer. It's the kind with the T handle that pops out. Going to try drilling it out, any suggestions would be appreciated!
Nick, I just sent you PM