What's new

I just have to vent here.....

copperglobe

Reaction score
Lady came in this morning mad at me (the car wash guy) because her credit card now has a chip on it and that my machine now requires her to insert the card so that the chip can be read. She blames me (again, just this humble car wash owner) that her card has the chip and that she now has to insert her card anytime she uses her card. I tried to explain that I had nothing to do with this new method of credit cards but she wouldn't believe me. Finally, I admitted "you're right, it is me that requires all these credit cards world-wide to have chips embedded to process all these charges....". She went away happy. She won. I'm getting too freaking old for this.

Randy

Reaction score
That’s one of the reasons we go to the car wash very early in the morning so we don’t have to talk to the stupid customers. But they are everywhere. We just got off of a cruise ship on Saturday. On the shuttle back to our car I asked this lady how was the cruise and she replied all pi$$ed off that the Captain of the ship was terrible, he hit every swell and bump in the ocean, lots of people got sea sick. I replied that why is it the Captains fault. Then she replied that the Captain could have gone around all the rough water and missed the heavy swells. I looked at her and said you’re in the frigg’n ocean it can get rough. Just like the lady with the chip credit card she didn’t have a clue.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It does get frustrating dealing with customers who seem determined to blame others for everything that doesn't go exactly their way in life.

This just happened to me; the mother of a tenant came in to yell at me because her daughter's apartment had been broken into. Since I own the building, it must be my fault!!!

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I'm in that old television show The Twilight Zone. A customer complained that I had no soap. I turned the bay on and looked and it was too much! I had recently adjusted it and made a mistake looking at a different chart for my hydrominder and it was literally just spewing too much soap. So, I said that's too much. I left him with the time remaining to do as he wishes. He threw the equipment on the ground, wrote me a note for my complaint box and a bad review online. I'm still confused. What did he expect? Gas lighting mfer... I literally checked the soap again when he left again and took a picture because I was feeling crazy.