What's new

I found Joe!

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
I now have Joe Campbell's contact info. We'll have a reunion soon ... At which I'll be revealing to him that his "baby" (SSCWN) will go on ... and on! Joe (age 87) will be thrilled that his legacy will keep on truckin'. Make that a BIG DITTO from me!
JJJ

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Very cool! I remember the SSCWN back when Joe was at the helm.
I also remember & was a subscriber when Joe & Julia Campbell were the editors of SSCWN. Hopefully, they are in good health! Not sure ... but hopefully I will be able to dig out a few of those older publications when I find the time. Some things can be priceless.

Kate Carr

Administrator
Reaction score
That's awesome, JJ! Keep me posted -- and if the reunion is in person, please, please, please promise me you'll snap a few pics.

I missed this thread when you first posted it -- but was just re-reading the Spring 2005 issue yesterday and stumbled upon a little note you included from Joe which praised your Fall 2004 issue (easily on my Top 5 list of SSCWN issues), but also took you to task for too much political commentary on that year's election. (Looking back now, 2004 seems so tame to me when you think of all the craziness that went down in 2008 and 2012!)

rabba

Reaction score
I also remember & was a subscriber when Joe & Julia Campbell were the editors of SSCWN. Hopefully, they are in good health! Not sure ... but hopefully I will be able to dig out a few of those older publications when I find the time. Some things can be priceless.