What's new

Hydrominder suction stub

APW

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the suction stub that screws into the eductor that will allow the small screw in tips and take a 1/4" hose barb?

MEP001

Reaction score
It matches your description. Hydrominder eductor tips that small doesn't have threaded tips.

MEP001

Reaction score
Reactions: APW

APW

Reaction score
Do y'all use the large screw in tips or the push in tips? I like neither. I've got all mine converted to the small screw in tips. Just can't remember where I got the adapter from. Lol

MEP001

Reaction score
I use the large screw-in ones, mainly because that's what almost everyone around here has. I hate the push-in ones because they're so hard to get out without destroying them. I've worked on at least 500 different car washes and I've only seen the small screw-in ones a couple times.

DavidM

Reaction score
That would be great if I could convert my hydrominders to use the small screw in tips! I think I have some of those dema adapters around, I'm going to try it out

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use a lot of Ultra lean small push in tips. Yes, you need a tool to get them out.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use the hydro 1/4" push in tips. I have a strong preference for the 1/4" chemical line. The 1/4" screw in tips are dema and are also used on hydraflex injectors.

OurTown

Reaction score
Another idea is to use the large Hydro screw in tips, run a 2 1/2" long piece of 1/2" ID tubing and then step it down to 1/4" ID to go to the bucket/drum. What I like about this is the tips are easy to remove because of the square head, you can see what tip you have in there easier and of course the advantages of the 1/4" ID tubing of which there are many.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just going to update this with some info that this thread provided. A couple of days ago I installed the 90 degree dema barb that mep has listed above from KR on a hydrominder 511. I'm using a hyperconcentrate foaming brush (quest berry blitz 3XC)and it typically requires a dual tip eductor or on site dilution. I got good results by installing the single dema/hydraflex tip. I tried a Burgundy tip and it was a bit too watery, but the lime tip worked well.

Those tip have TINY orifices but I've had no trouble using the micro tips with quest products, but I maintain pretty good chemical hygeine practice. All containers are capped with a hole drilled through for the chemical tubing so it minimizes the possibility of contamination from dirt, etc. I'll see how it works and if I do have issue with clogging I'll try to update.

I'd like to try a versadial on the hydrominder 511 but was told they don't work well with viscous products. If I do I'll let everyone know the results.
View attachment Attachment.mp4

Last edited: