What's new

hydrominder issue

yjpark7621

Reaction score
when the end of hose at foot valve or the end of hydrominder where the mixture comes out is changed in color like the upper one in the picture, the hydrominder does not work. every time this thing happens i have to change whole hydrominder then it works properly. what is the reason....?

Attachments

washnvac

Reaction score
You can get just that hose--discharge tube. KR part # IN5057-A: $7.42. I keep a few on hand. They deteriorate.

MEP001

Reaction score
There is a restrictor ring in the original hose. If you change it out with a regular hose, it won't draw.

sparkey

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just fix the hydrominder? There is nothing on them that can't be fixed for a few bucks.

MEP001

Reaction score
I know a LOT of people who can't figure out how to fix them.

OurTown

Reaction score
There is a restrictor ring in the original hose. If you change it out with a regular hose, it won't draw.

Those hoses get milky pretty quickly depending on the chemical. Have you ever tried to cut the restrictor out and shove it into a new piece of clear vinyl hose? I have thought about it but never seem to make the time to try and just default to buying the premade ones.

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you ever tried to cut the restrictor out and shove it into a new piece of clear vinyl hose?
angtft.jpg

I mess with so many Hydrominders I just keep a half-dozen discharge hoses on hand.

MEP001

Reaction score
Where do you get the hose? I've tried the clear vinyl from hardware stores, but it's thinner wall/bigger ID and is much more sensitive to the chemicals.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Where do you get the hose? I've tried the clear vinyl from hardware stores, but it's thinner wall/bigger ID and is much more sensitive to the chemicals.
Isn't it the same hose as used on the inlet of the Hydrominder? I'm not sure what size it is, but I always kept a roll on hand because I had many elevated tanks that required a longer hose. I got it from K/R.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
... the hydrominder does not work ...
What does that mean, "does not work"? Please describe in more detail.
I dont recall ever replacing a discharge hose on a hydrominder.
Suction hoses, yes, if they dont seal tightly around the tip it needs to be replaced (or hose clamped). Foot valves seem to need replacement more often than they used to as well. But other than those 2 things I dont replace suction hoses very often either, maybe I replace one or 2 suction hoses every couple of years.

Twodose

Reaction score
I believe the hose is 1/2 id x 3/4 od, I have seen it in most hardware stores in the area, but I think I used to get from KR.

MEP001

Reaction score
I looked, the stuff in hardware stores is 5/8" OD, so really thin wall. Kleen-Rite sells the 3/4" OD and cheaper than the hardware store stuff. The thicker wall is a lot better since it doesn't kink (The thinner wall comes conveniently pre-kinked).