What's new

How to persuade developer that a tunnel wash brings value to retail area

wiscowill

Reaction score
Looking for some help with some information on how to persuade a developer that tunnel washes are great for bringing traffic to retail areas. Currently he feels that there might be better options for the land. Overall are retail businesses happy to see a car wash come to a specific area? Any points why a carwash is a better use than a restaurant or shop? Have any off you run into this before snd how did you approach the matter? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

br549ms

Reaction score
it always a fight in a newer development. Is it the developer or the local government?

I would hesitate trying to get someone to "let" me open a car wash, at this point you have no leverage for negotiations. Here is what you pay, here is how you build, here is your color scheme ........

Find a place that need you where you both will benefit.

hkim310

Reaction score
We have run into this issue with a number of different properties we wanted to purchase to build a car wash. It seems as though lots of shopping centers that have open pads for sale have a land restriction on car washes. It is very frustrating!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think enough car washes end up being eyesores, that it makes it difficult to convince someone that it can be an asset. Most wash buildings are single purpose and not that attractive when abandoned. I can see their side of it.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see car washes as a draw for the other stores in proximity. I love my wash, but there are higher uses for alot of the land that is occupied by a carwash. Dollar General, Taco Bell and Chik Fil A would be a good fit and very profitable on many car wash lots!

Come to think of it, they can buy Mine!!!!