What's new

How to mix the powder soap (simnoiz Correct)

petes car wash

Reaction score
What is the easiest way to mix powder soap . Do you fill 55 gallons drum with hot water and then add 50 Ib simnoiz correct powder into it, or you do in small batches . Do you need to stir it or just close the cap and shake or roll the drum?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
If I may ask, why are you thinking of powder soap? Am I missing something? I will try anything..

Randy

Reaction score
At one wash we mix it in small 5 gallon batches in a 15 gallon container. If you mix it in a 55 gallon drum it's easier to mix it in the 55 gallon drum if you use a barrel mixer. Add about 20 gallons of hot water, then start adding the Correct as your filling the drum with the mixer running. Wear a mask while your adding the Correct, it can get dusty.

petes car wash

Reaction score
At one wash we mix it in small 5 gallon batches in a 15 gallon container. If you mix it in a 55 gallon drum it's easier to mix it in the 55 gallon drum if you use a barrel mixer. Add about 20 gallons of hot water, then start adding the Correct as your filling the drum with the mixer running. Wear a mask while your adding the Correct, it can get dusty.
Thanks Randy,
What tip I should use for high pressure soap in self serve car wash. I want it to come like milk and how much foam additives I should add in 55 gallon drum.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remove pickup tube, fill 55 gal barrel half full with hot water. Add 50lb correct. stire with a wash brush. add 1.66666 gal foam additive, stir and fill to top with hot water. Takes just a few minutes.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Randy,
What tip I should use for high pressure soap in self serve car wash. I want it to come like milk and how much foam additives I should add in 55 gallon drum.
Just keep bumping up the tip size till you get it the way you want...

washallday

Reaction score
I add the correct into 55 gal drum using a big funnel. Then add drum 1/2 full, use drum stirrer on drill mix. Then I add two 5 gals of purple passion and mix then fill the drum up with water mixing in between. Great show and cleans with nice smell. This cost around $175.00

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Petes Car Wash,

Specialty Equipment of Mpls-St. Paul, MN area .... before they left the car wash world ... had a nifty powder soap tank - combo wax tank with a screen etc above the soap side where it would be held liquid below. It also has a port for pH triggering so the soap could be kept at the same consistency. It would mix smaller amounts as needed when the pH sensor would tell it. Sheldon Russell actually did do a good job of inventing that IMHO. We improved on it so we can easily switch from liquid to powder but still use the same pH sensor.

I would think that the other manufacturers have something similar &/or possibly better??? It is possible some distributor still sells that specific dual purpose rectangular tank???

Not sure ... but it seems like the pH sensor trigger control setting could be adapted to any car wash powder including Simoniz.