What's new

How to build automation for car wash self service !!

motocosty

Reaction score
Hello dear colleagues. I am new to this forum and I am writing to you from Europe. I've been looking on this forum to see if I can find sketches from more experienced colleagues, examples of configurations for those who want to build their own automation for car wash and I haven't found much. I think it is very important to exchange ideas and opinions about how to build your own self service car wash.
I am waiting for colleagues to add sketches with examples of configurations for high pressure pumps, connection to the water network, connection to a water source or well drilled, water filtration mode ....

In the example given by me, this installation uses only electronic circuit boards for all washing programs. As washing programs we have: 1 - Pressure washing 2 - Dense foam at low pressure using the same washing gun. 3 - Liquid wax. 4 - Rinse with osmotic water. Very interesting at this installation is the fact that for low pressure washing it does not use industrial automation, frequency converters .... things that give headaches in operation and for which the intervention of people with specialized studies is necessary. In this example with the help of a solenoid valve you can reduce the washing pressure that is used for the dense foam program, this is unheard of by me so far and due to this fact I want to share this idea with you. To expand the foam, use an air compressor that introduces air into the washing system.

Please add pictures, diagrams, sketches with your ideas, projects to show how to build a self service car wash.

Attachments

motocosty

Reaction score
More photo

Attachments

motocosty

Reaction score
Don't forget to add professional or hand-drawn sketches with your ideas.
How do we filter the water for the self service installation?

How do we store water in storage tanks?

How do we make an anti-freeze system?

Feel free to share your experience and ask anything about how to build your own self service facility.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Don't forget to add professional or hand-drawn sketches with your ideas.
How do we filter the water for the self service installation?

How do we store water in storage tanks?

How do we make an anti-freeze system?

Feel free to share your experience and ask anything about how to build your own self service facility.
Why are you trying to re invent the wheel?

washnshine

Reaction score
Hello dear colleagues. I am new to this forum and I am writing to you from Europe. I've been looking on this forum to see if I can find sketches from more experienced colleagues, examples of configurations for those who want to build their own automation for car wash and I haven't found much. I think it is very important to exchange ideas and opinions about how to build your own self service car wash.
I am waiting for colleagues to add sketches with examples of configurations for high pressure pumps, connection to the water network, connection to a water source or well drilled, water filtration mode ....

In the example given by me, this installation uses only electronic circuit boards for all washing programs. As washing programs we have: 1 - Pressure washing 2 - Dense foam at low pressure using the same washing gun. 3 - Liquid wax. 4 - Rinse with osmotic water. Very interesting at this installation is the fact that for low pressure washing it does not use industrial automation, frequency converters .... things that give headaches in operation and for which the intervention of people with specialized studies is necessary. In this example with the help of a solenoid valve you can reduce the washing pressure that is used for the dense foam program, this is unheard of by me so far and due to this fact I want to share this idea with you. To expand the foam, use an air compressor that introduces air into the washing system.

Please add pictures, diagrams, sketches with your ideas, projects to show how to build a self service car wash.
Hello -
This most likely is not cost - efficient. Self service car wash equipment is not very expensive - especially compared to automatic car wash equipment. You can often find used equipment as well if you are really going for the most economical option. Rather than building your own equipment, my advice to you would be to purchase your equipment and learn to service and maintain all of it yourself. That is where the real savings will occur.

motocosty

Reaction score
Hello -
This most likely is not cost - efficient. Self service car wash equipment is not very expensive - especially compared to automatic car wash equipment. You can often find used equipment as well if you are really going for the most economical option. Rather than building your own equipment, my advice to you would be to purchase your equipment and learn to service and maintain all of it yourself. That is where the real savings will occur.

I studied the market and the prices for self-service equipment and I was amazed to find that the commercial additions reach 300% ... and their quality leaves much to be desired. Depending on the desired programs and functions, the price reaches $ 15k for a washing room. From my point of view the price is very exaggerated as long as all the materials used do not exceed 3k to make a washing room

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
as all the materials used do not exceed 3k to make a washing room
Luv to see a list of what you are buying for $3000 to equip a SS equipment room. How many bays will it service?

motocosty

Reaction score
I'm talking about the price for an installation made by me that includes only the high pressure pump, solenoid valves, chemical dispensers. This does not include the water treatment plant, water heating, water filters ...

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I'm talking about the price for an installation made by me that includes only the high pressure pump, solenoid valves, chemical dispensers. This does not include the water treatment plant, water heating, water filters ...
So, the price is for a single bay?

washnshine

Reaction score
Something along these lines is probably your best bet. I’m not endorsing any of these specifically, or even this site, but it illustrates what you can get for a very reasonable price. If you do your due diligence, you can probably find a system that is economical and in good operating condition. Check other larger sites such as eBay, Craigslist, etc.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Something along these lines is probably your best bet. I
Seems the guy thinks he can sell "Something' for $3000 but not sure exactly what he's selling.
>> the price for an installation made by me that includes only the high pressure pump, solenoid valves, chemical dispensers. <<

One pump? Motor? Motor Starter? Hydrominder? How many? Low pressure Pumps / functions? How many? Transformers? How many? "Chemical dispensers' exactly what is that and how many? Solenoid valves? What type and how many?

pgrzes

Reaction score
Why not just put a vfd control and a plc together and you can control the speed of the pump/motor for different pressures/functions? I would have cleaned up my wiring in the photo's to be more presentable before posting. But hey if you got something great throw it out there! I have rehabbed several Jim Coleman Super saver pumpstands over the last 10 years, slimming down footprints, changing- adding features etc. It has been waaayyyyyyy cheaper than buying new or building my own every time. Tooo much equipment out there for pennies on the dollar to build my own.