What's new

how to avoid getting grit in my gun tips

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
Sometimes I get a small piece of metal that gets stcuk in my gun tips and causes my weep not to weep properly and I get a freeze up in the bay. Is there some kind of strainer or something I can use to capture the grit before it gets inside the gun?

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I believe it is in the city water lines and coming through my weep line into the pump. It always seems to be a small piece of some metal fragment. I was looking at some tips that Kleen-rite has that have strainers that go with them .( a nozzle body ,Strainer ,nozzle and a cap) I thinks it's called a Teejet assembly....Has anyone here ever used one?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
It could also be flakes of rust from any galvanized pipes like the gun. But yes any filter would eliminate water supply stuff.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Yeah, those strainers work well. Just keep a close eye out to be sure that the strainer doesnt get clogged, that'll cause all your bays to freeze. My weep is recycled, the strainer would clog after a month or 2. Since you're on city water its probably not an issue, but I'd glance at teh strainer every day anyway. (Make sure you get one with a clear bowl.)