What's new

How long before customers use credit?

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Finally after many trials and tribulations we managed to get our nayax up and running. We've had it up since monday with a grand total of 1 person using it all week Lol

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I installed cryptopay the 1st week of July. It’s been picking up steadily month to month. Give it some time, I was disappointed at the end of the 1st month but now I’m happy I did it.

MEP001

Reaction score
The first wash i ran that I added CC acceptance to took a while to get going. We did no advertizing at all. Assuming you have a Google page, make sure you put on there that you take cards.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Waiting on the sign company to get off vacation. No signage yet but small town put it on the ole face book.

OurTown

Reaction score
It takes time. I remember those days when we first put them in and took months for people to get into the habit of not going straight to the changer when they pulled in a bay and got out of the car. We still have quite a bit of cash usage but can't imagine any car wash not having CC readers in the bays nowadays.

MEP001

Reaction score
can't imagine any car wash not having CC readers in the bays nowadays.
I still don't. I got a 1-star review the other day that just said "Doesn't take credit cards".

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
For me, it took 6 months after installing CC readers to get to 10% of revenue.
It took 5 years to get to 30%.
10 years later it required a national health panic to get to 40%.
I'm sure thats not typical, but I also know its not unique to me.
And yeah, if/when the $%#@!! in dc declare cash to be illegal, I'm F'ed.

Yes I had new meter boxes, instructions next to the meter box, a sign next to the bill changer, and a 2x3' sign at the road.

Reactions: sjb

soapy

Reaction score
I think I am at 80% CC after 15 years and I take bills and coins in the SS bays. The automatics are are probably closer to 90%. My credit card usage is much highest at my site using Wash gear with its own digital readout compared to other locations that use Etowah Valley bay boxes that use the same timer display as cash.

Roz

Reaction score
Really depends on the demographics. Large Windmaster Signs on the property purchased from KR, decals on the meter boxes. Our customers made the switch from zero percent to 80% plus in our first year.

Watch how people use the CC reader to make certain it is easy to use. When we upgraded our Goldlines at a different location to a chip reading card it was a disaster because you could not just insert your CC, customer had to push a button to wake it up first. We ended that beta test quickly and returned to old workhorse readers even without the chip ability.

CryptoPay for all their cc processing faults is the easiest swiper for customers to use. We are doing another upgrade with swipers and tap. We looked at Nayax vpos, could not get anyone to return multiple emails or voicemails, and then decided to move forward with another CryptoPay installation.

Reactions: Zal

kg00273

Reaction score
We've had CryptoPay installed for just about a year. It took about 2.5 months for a steady daily usage. now we average between 45-60% credit card use.

Bud's

Reaction score
I have a location that started taking credit cards back in 2005 and people that have been coming there the whole time give me the " when did you start taking credit cards?" a couple times a year.

99Roadking

Reaction score
I ordered two of the 12 foot tall flags that go on a straight pole that says "WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS". Also if you have a Facebook page make sure you put it on there or any other social media site you may have. I was told it would take 4 months but we were up in probably two months. You will find out quickly that people were passing your car wash to go to the ones that accepted cards before you. With I had done it sooner.