What's new

Hopes and prayers for those in the Southeast

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
For the last couple days, our thoughts and prayers have been devoted to the victims of the horrific storms in the Southeast ... with special concerns, of course, about our "extended family" of carwasher brothers and sisters.

Some (who many of Forum regulars know) live and work in those cities that were so terribly devastated by that onslaught of tornadoes. I cringe as I ask the question that must be asked --- "are you and yours okay?" ... and is there anything we can do to help?

Stay strong. Keep the faith.

JJJ/SSCWN

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply JJ, but things are finally getting back to normal outside the affected areas. My sister lived close to the affected area. Two blocks away from her house and the houses are GONE. I have volunteered most days since the storm, but things are getting under control pretty well so it's back to my business.

I did see one owner's wash who had a car wash in the Bham area directly affected. The fire station next to it was heavily damaged, but his damage was not severe. It looked like he must have had some sort of local fire or power surge because three of plastic domes on his vacs were melted. Even though there were bricks lying in the parking lot and his awnings were down, his building looked OK. I talked to him and he said he is in the worst possible situation. He has relatively little damage, (maybe 10-15K by my drive-by estimates) But his market has been DESTROYED. They have condemned the apartments behind his wash and things won't be the same around there for years. He's at a loss at how to handle this.

Will try to upload some general pics of the area.