What's new

High Security tokens

MudMoney

Reaction score
I've used standard tokens with my wash logo for 30 years and usually see a few generic ones every month,so I don't get to concerned about it. Today I took a major hit and need to switch to high security tokens. Are they all bi- metal ,which size works best and any issues with accepters. I currently use MA800 and MA 812 by IDX.

MEP001

Reaction score
I would call IDX and see what your best options are with the acceptors you have. You might get by with something unusual like a larger plated token.

How do you use tokens? Are they valued at 25¢? Are you dispensing them from your changer? Can you just stop using tokens?

Randy

Reaction score
Who’s token are you using now and what kind of token are you using? What is the current value and size of your token? Call Van Brooke and order some samples of their high security tokens. Hoffman mint tokens are for the most part garbage tokens.

MudMoney

Reaction score
My tokens are $3.25 each ,which is the start up price for 4 min. I do not sell thru my changer,years ago I went business to business promoting bulk sales. I have a lot of repeat businesses and I keep track of their buying history. Minimum sale is 25 tokens @ $ 2.92 each .Its been too long ago to remember who I bought from and the size slightly bigger than a quarter.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Swampdonkey & others,

My understanding was & possibly still applies is that IDX requires their X10 acceptor combined with their special X-Mark hi sec tokens. Not sure on total cost to transition over currently is. It seems Van Brooke & possibly others track the sales of their specific tokens so geographically you might be adequately protected. Maybe your major hit has something to do with someone getting on to your specific token being introduced into your 50 mile radius or whatever else their token company's criteria was-is.

We were gung-ho looking into a token solution to our over 50 acceptors needed ... about 10 years ago ... but after thoroughly checking ... we arrived at believing there would not be too many individuals & groups ...sabotaging the eventual release of higher denomination values of actual USA coinage! Maybe there is still hope despite the horrific imbecile censorship & cancel culture going on.

Just a thought ... I wonder if the Aussie MicroCoin QL acceptors like we use ... would be better at screening for only your specific tokens than some other coin mechs. Are the problem tokens the exact match of your originals & of your current supply???

MudMoney

Reaction score
Idx says I would have to upgrade to x10 to use their tokens. Considering my remote location I will go with a bi-metal token from Van Brooke . The problem tokens are an exact match and very common.

Etowah