What's new

High pressure system

Tandccarwash

Reaction score
I am having an issue with one of my bays not turning on. It takes tokens and the timer starts counting but nothing actually turns on and starts working. Al my equipment is super old. Does anyone have any idea on what would be going on? I’ve added some pictures to help.

Attachments

Andy Burn

Reaction score
I am no expert, however, if you have a rotary switch please make sure the the two connector plates (one with the wires attached and the other on the switch) are connected. I had the issue where the the timer was counting, but the bay functions did not turn on. It was the connector that was loose. Pushed it in and the bay functions worked.

JoshBergey

Reaction score
I am far from an expert but agree with checking the rotary switch first if you have one in your box. Just had that problem over Labor Day of a broken wire on my quick connect harness that wasn’t allowing the pump to load.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
Do you know how to use a volt meter?
If no functions are working, its most likely the rotary switch. If low pressure s are working it may be the be the motor starter. You need to check for 24vdc at the coil on the motor starter. If you have it there, its the starter, if not most likely the rotary switch.
If you own a wash and aren't "awash" in cash, you need to learn to read wiring diagrams and use a volt meter.

wash4me

Reaction score
usually there's a transformer in the box with the motor starter. See if it's the same temperature as the others by feeling it with the back of your hand. Then a volt meter. Parts go bad and almost never the wire is bad.

MEP001

Reaction score
If no functions are working, its most likely the rotary switch.
It's much more likely that the timer is bad. Rotary switch would be the next most likely problem.

If low pressure s are working it may be the be the motor starter. You need to check for 24vdc at the coil on the motor starter.
24V AC.

You do need a voltmeter, check for power between common and timed load first, then work to and through the switch.

Reaction score
This same thing happened with me. It was a bad timer. I use TM-5J's and luckily had a few spares so it was no biggie. The fact that the customer told me about it gave me the opportunity to thank him with a bunch of free tokens as well. Would have hated to find out via a Google review...

Tandccarwash

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the input! The timer was bad! I have a lot to learn but look forward too it! Thanks again for all the feed back. Sorry for my late response.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
If it's the high pressure functions not working then it's your contactor. If it's closing and your pump does not start, that's your problem. I had one with a bad leg not turning my arm on the auto. Swapped to a good leg after removing the bad contacts, all is well.

Etowah