What's new

High Pressure Hose Suggestions

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - What hose do you guys use for the high pressure, please share the KR link. I plan to use the same one for the foaming brush also, any thoughts on that? Tired of cuts with the foaming brush hoses as they get hammered and they get tangled easily.

TIA.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Fortunately, I have several local hose suppliers in my metro area, so I provide my customers with “made-to-fit” hoses.

3/8” single braid hose with 3/8” MPT crimp-ons for HP.
Measure from the boom to the bay floor + 3 feet.

1/4" single braid hose with 3/8” MPT crimp-ons for FB.
Measure from the boom to the floor + 4 feet.

1/4" single braid 100-R4 hose for FB eliminates kinks, cuts, and vandalism and is light enough to easily handle for the customer. Reduced banging and slapping against the vehicle is another benefit.

3/8" swivels on both ends keeps things working smoothly for the customer. I like Fluid Controls SW-504A.

Rodj

Reaction score
What's with all of these older accounts getting hacked on this site now?

Rodj

Reaction score
whitescout is the only one I'm aware of. If there are others, let me know. I temporarily banned whitescout until he contacts us.
There was one other account posting about Crypto scams recently that last posted in 2008, though of course I can’t find it now.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - What hose do you guys use for the high pressure, please share the KR link. I plan to use the same one for the foaming brush also, any thoughts on that? Tired of cuts with the foaming brush hoses as they get hammered and they get tangled easily.

TIA.

TIA.
I m a huge fan of the Mosmatic hoses and swivels. No wire braids, light weight, and very user friendly. They are expensive but mine have been on for 2 years and look brand new today. I ended up saving $$

Randy

Reaction score
We use Continental High pressure hose. We buy a couple hundred feet at a time and make it up ourselves to the lengths we want. We have our own hydraulic hose press so it’s pretty easy to make up hoses. We have some that have been in service for well over 15 years. I think the blue hose holds up better than the black hose.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
There was one other account posting about Crypto scams recently that last posted in 2008, though of course I can’t find it now.
There was another post under whitescout's name that I had previously deleted. That may be the one you are thinking about.

Etowah

bigjws

Reaction score
I'm like Randy and use the bulk Continental hose from KleenRite -- The blue definitely holds up better than the black. I use the reusable ends instead of the pressed ones for 3/8 and 1/2" hoses .. usually get 4 to 5 hose changes before the reusables are too eaten up to use.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I m going to update my previous post.
i had to change a swivel today in my busiest ss bay.
a Mosmatic swivel. So when I went to write the repair in my book. It was 40 days from being 3 yrs old. 1000’s of cars and my Mosmatic hoses still look great!!
Never buy anything else!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I m going to update my previous post.
i had to change a swivel today in my busiest ss bay.
a Mosmatic swivel. So when I went to write the repair in my book. It was 40 days from being 3 yrs old. 1000’s of cars and my Mosmatic hoses still look great!!
Never buy anything else!
In the bays I typically just change all hoses, trigger guns, FB handles every Spring just to keep everything looking fresh. I noticed the mosmatic hoses still look really good, except for the fittings. However, I had one that apparently was ran over by a car and it "skinned" the outer blue covering off the outside, so theyre not idiot proof. They make the assembly so much easier to handle for customers that I'm sticking with them.