What's new

Help With Winter Door Management

Jerry33

Reaction score
A friend of mine, using a device he made for his company, has promised to solve my wintertime ?door management? problem. My automatic is less than smart about doing this seemingly simple job. On several occasions over the past couple of winters, i've called up my cameras to find a door standing open. The automatic does send an email if the temperature drops to freezing inside the bay, but unless I constantly check my email, i'm clueless. Various reasons this happens but bottom line is that the current software does not maintain a ?current status? of the doors. For example, it will send a ?close door? signal and will then assume they are closed. It never checks to see if the doors closed or if they have been manually opened.

This device is programmable with on board memory, similar to a PLC but programmable with a PC, so it can become the door manager. I need help to make sure I provide him with all possible ?management items? so he can program it just once. Hate to be a pest. What have I forgotten? The device will:
-receive the normal signals from the automatic, open for entry; close for wash, open for exit, close after exit, and /or time /temp. The current software does allow to set a time to close if vehicle does not move.
-An added door magnetic sensor to let the new device know each door status.
-It will constantly check to see if door is in the desired open / closed state.
-It will activate the OPEN solenoid every x seconds when told to open, if the door did not open.
-It will activate the CLOSE solenoid every x seconds when told to close, if the door did not close.
-It will send a signal to AUTODIAL my phone if door malfunctions.
-It will still allow for manual opening from inside.
-If it is opened manually, it will close again after X minutes (changeable).
-It will send a signal to AUTODIAL if the manual open switch is activated.

The doors are made by Ultimate, are polysomething, and open to the side
What am I forgetting?

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Don't forget to monitor the safety eyes:

If an attendant or customer manually opens the door, you want to make sure the photo eye is clear before you attempt to close it. If the customer's car or the attendant happens to still be in the door when your PLC program says close you will cause damage or injury.