What's new

Help with Carolina Pride RO unit

Etowah

slash007

Reaction score
We had our carbon filter rebed last week, and ever since then the product stays right around 1 instead of 0 even when the unit is not running. I'll take the inlet solenoid apart and put it back and it goes back to 0 at rest, but as soon as the RO unit kicks on again, the product goes back to 1 when it shuts off. This is causing our spot free tank to constantly fill and overflow. The reject tank also seems to keep overflowing as well, though not sure why. We also replaced the solenoid valve just in case, but still the same issue. I haven not noticed any debris when taking it apart. So far it's been taken apart at least 6 times and every time it fixes the issue until the unit kicks back on. Any suggestions? I have no idea what else to check.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
I assume you're referring to the permeate flow gauge reading 1 gpm rather than gpm?

Was your carbon tank properly flushed after the new carbon was installed?

Is the sediment filter on your RO before, or after the feedwater solenoid valve?

Russ

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Do you have a fresh water bypass valve possibly feeding the tank where an inlet check valve may be stuck open? Seems unlikely you would have 1gpm flow of product water if the RO pump isn't running.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
May be a stuck feedwater solenoid on the RO sending 1 gpm of concentrate to drain. Carbon fines may have loaded up the solenoid valve such that it's not closing all the way.

MEP001

Reaction score
Another reason not to bump an old thread is now you've got even more people replying and not noticing that it was over a year ago and the issue is 100% certain to have been solved already.