What's new

Help delaying car from entering till dryers shut off.

APW

Reaction score
I have a Wash Select II and I would like for the customers to be able to pay, but not enter until my dryers shut off. The dryers are outside the bay so the car will clear the T-Bar eyes and the machine will reset for the next car while the dryers are still running. I was thinking if I could have a relay that energizes for the dryer signal but opens the signal to let the next car come in. Does anyone know how or a better way to do this?

MEP001

Reaction score
You'd need something smarter than a relay - an option would be a programmable or ladder relay that accepts the enter signal and holds it until the dryer is done.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
In your post you state T-bar eyes. If I assume that you have a laserwash or high velocity, you can add eyes to the dryers, and use them as exit door eyes, and this will accomplish what you want. If it is a PDQ, simply change the hardware seting, and possibly the bay length setting. If it is a WW, you will need the software updated for door control option.

jprb

Reaction score
We used a relay on the dryer contactor to hold the "wash busy" signal from the car wash to the paystation. It clears/goes off when the dryer shuts off (contactor shuts off).