What's new

Hello to the AutoCareForum members again

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
I have not been on AutoCareForum since 2018 due to health problems. I rejoined recently to reconnect with many of my long-time customers. I manufactured the high security vending machine known as ShurVend that I began selling in 1999 to the car wash industry. I was in the self-serve business starting in 1989 and joined the forum when it was started by Bill Pitzer. After 9/11 I took the handle, Uncle Sam, which I still have. I still see some of same handles that I remember; I.B. Washing, MEP001, soonermagic, swampdonkey, Randy, Greg Pack, Eric H, mac, Earl Weiss, Debra Gorgos, and more.

I had to close the ShurVend business due to a cancer diagnosis for AML leukemia. I survived the two different chemo regimens in late 2020, but I was in a wheel chair to get around. The covid panic or pandemic was at its height and my immune system was down to zero. I had to move to the San Luis Obispo, CA area in early 2021 for better doctors and hospital care and have moved here permanently. I’m doing well and just can’t do much physical work at the age of 87.

I’m am cleaning out my warehouse and have some parts that I used in making ShurVend machines that may help some of my long-time customers to have some spare parts or repair an older ShurVend machine. I will be posting what parts I have on this forum under “ For Sale—Car Wash Supplies”.

mac

Reaction score
Welcome back and never give up the fight.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I remember Jim making the effort on a phone call to give me a heads up on the pitfalls of taking both credit card & cash on an AMS Mega Vendor. I appreciated his patience towards the question with an answer based on actual experience vs me-dumbo going down a bad road with many regrets.

crewchief97

Reaction score
Glad to here you are still kicking around, so is my vendor I got from you several years ago!! Hang in there.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I have not been on AutoCareForum since 2018 due to health problems. I rejoined recently to reconnect with many of my long-time customers. I manufactured the high security vending machine known as ShurVend that I began selling in 1999 to the car wash industry. I was in the self-serve business starting in 1989 and joined the forum when it was started by Bill Pitzer. After 9/11 I took the handle, Uncle Sam, which I still have. I still see some of same handles that I remember; I.B. Washing, MEP001, soonermagic, swampdonkey, Randy, Greg Pack, Eric H, mac, Earl Weiss, Debra Gorgos, and more.

I had to close the ShurVend business due to a cancer diagnosis for AML leukemia. I survived the two different chemo regimens in late 2020, but I was in a wheel chair to get around. The covid panic or pandemic was at its height and my immune system was down to zero. I had to move to the San Luis Obispo, CA area in early 2021 for better doctors and hospital care and have moved here permanently. I’m doing well and just can’t do much physical work at the age of 87.

I’m am cleaning out my warehouse and have some parts that I used in making ShurVend machines that may help some of my long-time customers to have some spare parts or repair an older ShurVend machine. I will be posting what parts I have on this forum under “ For Sale—Car Wash Supplies”.
Hello Uncle Sam! I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. Back in 2003, when my husband & I had just purchased our self-service car wash in California, we attended our first WCA Convention. Meeting you was unforgettable! I still remember your tall stature, wearing the Uncle Sam costume. Your hearty laughter, big grin & enthusiasm as you demonstrated the Shur-Vend vending machine. While you may be limited physically, your presence & experience on the Forum is much appreciated. So many new owners coming in to this industry. I hope your health improves & wish you the very best! God bless, Kimberly with Citrus Heights Car Wash