What's new

Hard to See HTKs TouchScreen

br549ms

Reaction score
I have two HTK TouchScreen Kiosk for Pay stations. 15" "Sunlight readable Screens" that are extremely hard to read in the daylight at any time except when mostly cloudy. Been like this all along, Hamilton says they can do nothing about it. Anyone else had this issue with HTKs or other screens very dim. Mine are covered and shaded until late afternoon, then direct sunlight. Yes, they are set at 100% brightness.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Good question. I have same issue w/ my $14,000 TSS 50" display.!!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
That is where we learned on our dogwash EZautomation touchscreens that the "nits" specification is very important. Our workaround was our ability to change the Font for the lettering to a more filled out & bold characters. It sounds like Hamilton might not allow that level of modification by its end customers??? I think William Pitzer's favorite ...Automation Direct ...has a similar ability on their touchscreens.

Another thing that helped was a high end clear film vs their thin polycarbonate. The clear film I found out about on this forum that they use for high end protection of expensive sports cars etc for their front "bug protection bra". I forget the company but there is more than one that offers that film. I may have described it a bit wrong but I think some of you know what am referring to.

Reactions: RAM

toddmullens

Reaction score
I have two HTK TouchScreen Kiosk for Pay stations. 15" "Sunlight readable Screens" that are extremely hard to read in the daylight at any time except when mostly cloudy. Been like this all along, Hamilton says they can do nothing about it. Anyone else had this issue with HTKs or other screens very dim. Mine are covered and shaded until late afternoon, then direct sunlight. Yes, they are set at 100% brightness.
I have the same issue and recently replaced the controller in one of the machines and the screen was damn near twice as bright. Obviously there is something they can do within the controller to make the screen brighter but I guess they do not know what it is. On another note, I keep having issues with the touch screens not responding to touch and randomly start working again. You can unplug the usb cable that controls the touch input and plug it back up and it immediately starts working again. Hamilton is telling me the screen needs replaced at $2,200 a pop.

br549ms

Reaction score
I have not had issues with touch function, that a good cleaning did not fix. Just the brightness levels, (stackers)