What's new

Hamilton Goldline heater

OurTown

Reaction score
I think our heater is going out in the Goldline. The other day I opened it up and the fan was quiet and it smelled like hot electrical. I turned the main power off to remove the hopper and when I turned it back on the fan started and sound okay. (At the time I didn't realize it was a heater) Now it sounds like it's intermittently turning on and off. There's heat coming out sometimes. Now that I know it's the heater it has been running all summer and has been sounding like it had bad bearings in it too. Is there something else that may be wrong causing it to run all summer? It's the one under the hopper bracket and behind the voice module facing to the left.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Their manual shows an environmental controller, and the thermostat plugs into it. It also mentions that the 5A fuse on that controller is what is used with the heater. Sounds like you may have either a thermostat or controller issue. There is probably somewhere you can look in the programming to see what the thermostat is reading, but I'm not familiar enough with it to tell you where to look.

MEP001

Reaction score
The fan bearings do go bad, which is probably the noise. The heater is probably coming on without the fan running and creating the smell. The heater shouldn't run in the summer, so the thermostat must be bad too. The fan part number 49-9302. The thermostat is on the left side of the environmental controller - I don't have that part number. You could temporarily bypass it to see if the heater runs all the time.

Randy

Reaction score
The fan in the Goldline ACW runs 24/7. The fan is just a computer fan, it’s a NMB 120v fan. Model 3115PS-12T-B30. The Hamilton part # 49-9302. If the fan is bad and the hearer comes on there’s good chance the heater will over heat and self-destruct. The heater is part # 49-9308. The thermostat is part # 49-9312. It can be replaced, but it is hard to get to. It’s in the back of the environmental unit under the hopper.

OurTown

Reaction score
Are there two fans in the Goldline? One computer type fan and then one that is built into the heater? I'm trying to figure out what to buy first.

Randy

Reaction score
Are there two fans in the Goldline? One computer type fan and then one that is built into the heater? I'm trying to figure out what to buy first.
There is only one fan in the Goldline ACW. Here's a picture of the backside of the heater

Attachments

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
Can I disconnect the heater for a few days until I get the fan?

Randy

Reaction score
Can I disconnect the heater for a few days until I get the fan?
Yes, remove the 5 amp fuse from the fan panel, it's the lower fuse next to the fan. Don't remove the upper 2 amp fuse, you'll lose your 24 volt power.

MEP001

Reaction score
Hamilton's validators don't do well in really cold temps. By the time my heater fan went out, I had already replaced the XE with a Mars, so I just pulled the heater fuse and left it.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also run a light bulb plugged in inside my cabinet. It makes the bill acceptor work flawlessly all winter. Lithuanian ingenuity!