What's new

Hamilton Goldline Cyrpto Pay Retrofit

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
My brother and I just recently purchased our first wash, 5 SS bays, 1 IBA touchless Vectorwash system just North of Charlotte, NC. Once we understood how all the CC processing worked, we have wanted to shift to just using Cryptopay, which we installed on all of our Vacuums. Our main goal is to just have on CC processor, but also start using the reward cards program that Worldpay offers with the Cryptopay readers, as well as offer fleet cards to different companies with work vehicles, and let them be able to use anything we have at the wash.

We have the Dan System with the goldine, which is convenient for the reporting, but can also get the wash count off of the Controller out in the bay, just not in as much detail. If you do the retrofit, does the DAN system go away, or does it just become irrelevant since that doesn't deal with the CC processing after the retrofit.

Just looking for some feedback on the switch, we have been happy with Cryptopay so far. Any information helps. Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
The Cryptopay retrofit will eliminate the D.A.N. Cryptopay has an analytics system, I don't know how much detail you will get from the D.A.N. retrofit, but the SS part is very detailed.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
The Cryptopay retrofit will eliminate the D.A.N. Cryptopay has an analytics system, I don't know how much detail you will get from the D.A.N. retrofit, but the SS part is very detailed.
So the DAN won't even work for reporting number of washes? Cryptopay gave us a trial of their analytic software, which works pretty good for CC counts, but I would like to keep total car count in our Automated, as well as number of cycles in our SS bays. Unless there is a way to also tie in all the POS transactions that I don't know about?

MEP001

Reaction score
You could keep the D.A.N. for reporting cash sales, but I doubt there's any way to keep track of CC sales through it once you've moved to Cryptopay for processing. FWIW the D.A.N. will eventually fail, and I assume you wouldn't want to pay $4,000-ish to replace it just to track wash counts. Might as well get used to tracking by the Goldline printout, which is pretty detailed.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
You could keep the D.A.N. for reporting cash sales, but I doubt there's any way to keep track of CC sales through it once you've moved to Cryptopay for processing. FWIW the D.A.N. will eventually fail, and I assume you wouldn't want to pay $4,000-ish to replace it just to track wash counts. Might as well get used to tracking by the Goldline printout, which is pretty detailed.
Ok thank you! Our control unit in the bay that controls the vectorwash settings also had a cycle count, so we will just migrate to using that mainly. I didn't know you could get a printout from the Goldline.
Is that using the controller to program the Goldine?

MEP001

Reaction score
You can print a report from the Goldline menu. It's very detailed, and if you have employees it's not a bad idea to compare the wash counts from the E300 against the actual sales from the Goldline report.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
You can print a report from the Goldline menu. It's very detailed, and if you have employees it's not a bad idea to compare the wash counts from the E300 against the actual sales from the Goldline report.
Thanks for the info. I will do some research to figure out how to get the Detailed report from the Goldline.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Does anyone that has done this retrofit know if you can keep the keypad on the Goldline unit? I have seen some pictures of ones with them, and others without. The Kleen Rite seminar when Cryptopay introduced their Crypto Tap, I saw a unit that looks like they kept it.

Mostly interested to keep the keypad to give discounted washes, or run promotional codes at certain times of the year.

MEP001

Reaction score
The keypad on the Goldline is an option, so most likely you just saw pictures of units without one.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
The keypad on the Goldline is an option, so most likely you just saw pictures of units without one.
Ahh alright perfect. Thank you. Will be handy to keep it, and run discount offers with the keypad.

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
The key pad will work fine with the Cryptopay. The recipient printer will not work with the Cryptopay.

water guy

Reaction score
We Had Our Goldline Converted to CryptoPay through Etowah Love there customer support.

Last edited:

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Finally did the retrofit. After we programmed it, everything worked great. Crypto pay gave us a trial of their Analytic software, and it is nice to have all of our wash in one place now.

We did order a Crypto Tap as well, which we will add only to our automated wash.

Don't mind the old pricing & the falling apart sign above, those are all being replaced soon.

Attachments