What's new

Had an idea.... What do you think

sparkey

Reaction score
So if I could find a chemical that kills corona virus and doesn't have harmful effects on the interior of a vehicle I could put it in my fragrance machine and sell it as an alternative to a fragrance. You basically pay to disinfect your vehicle. Seems like a good seller to me. Now what would that chemical be and what to charge for it?

MEP001

Reaction score
I used to dispense Odo-Ban from one machine. It says to mix 7 oz. to a gallon of water for disinfecting.

soapy

Reaction score
Ozone is the thing you need. I have a ozone generator but you need to get in the car and leave it sit for a while. You can buy cans of ozone.

washnshine

Reaction score
These would probably work, but they might be hard to get right now.

Etowah

washnshine

Reaction score

The EPA has established a list of disinfectants (List N) that meet their criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19. The following Lysol products are those that meet either the EPA Viral Emerging Pathogen Policyor have human coronavirus claims.
Disinfectant Sprays

washnshine

Reaction score
I misunderstood the initial poster saying he wanted to put it in his fragrance machine. I thought he was talking about his vending machine - that was why I recommended small sizes of Lysol spray. Sorry about that.
I guess you could vend the small Lysol sprays through a vending machine to spray in the car though.

sparkey

Reaction score
Yes, I would want something that was not already in a spray form but I could put in the fragrance vac to make it a spray and charge by the second to use it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Odo-Ban is a good disinfectant and deodorizer and it's safe to spray in a car, but it does not kill COVID-19.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I like washnshine's idea about vending mini cans of Lysol. Here in CA, I would be hesitant to substitute chemicals in the Spray Fragrance machine, for liability purposes or getting sued for misleading claims. I can just imagine the customer complaints... now my car smells like bleach, the spray bleached my carpets or I still got the virus! Lysol is a known brand. GREAT IDEA, though I think it would difficult to find enough cans.

mac

Reaction score
Soapy nailed it. Chemicals sprayed or wiped only kill what it hits. Ozone kills ALL the bastards.

Msaxonii

Reaction score
I'm thinking of developing a selfserve disinfecting light system. There are some systems for emergency vehicles. Trying to work out security and dummy proofing instructions for self serve use.

- Roll door window down part way
- Pass light through window
- Hang light on window and roll window up like the window flag holder things
- Run disinfection cycle from service panel
- Open window, return equipment to rack

I know what I want. I see the problem being the harsh environment and how fragile the bulbs are. Would probably need a waiver warning because people are stupid.

Full serve might be easier to deal with because of operator training. But full service should be able to use a fogging system to get through the HVAC vents. I'd only be able to get line of sight surfaces, but I also think it'd be something that Lyft/Uber drivers would desire and might carry through enough of a demand after this situation.

Roz

Reaction score
Thinking of converting a tire shine machine or a fragrance machine to dispense a disinfectant mist. Wondering how the good intention can go sideways or backfire? The MDSS sheet for all disinfectants can scare you. Has anyone experimented with such an idea? Someone else suggested a portable (wireless) fogger (used by an attendant). Would dispense small disinfectant wipe packages in vending machine if one could purchase them anytime within the next 3 months...

Looking at ...

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Odo-Ban is a good disinfectant and deodorizer and it's safe to spray in a car, but it does not kill COVID-19.
Mep, I hope you’re wrong. Have you found something that specifically states that it has been tested to not kill it. If you believe what the OdoBan people say nothing has been tested.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know if it has been tested and found not to kill it specifically, but I found a list of disinfectants that do kill it and OdoBan wasn't on it. It could be that it just hasn't been tested.

soapy

Reaction score
My odor ban that I bought last Saturday at Home depot says it kills 99.99% of all virus and germs. Covid19 virus is not a hard virus to kill since it has only a semi hard cell membrane that is easily penetrated by bleach, alcohol etc.