What's new

Grease or silicone spray

Mick

Reaction score
Looking for your guys opinion Who have traversing spray arms. Do you use a light coating of grease on the rails or silicone spray. We went to a silicone spray thinking the grease would collect dirt but now rails squeak in cold weather

MEP001

Reaction score
It would help to know what equipment you're talking about.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
You shouldn’t be greasing or spraying the rails with lubricant. You grease the rollers.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
My bad, I was thinking of our 4000’s. The bridge rollers and trolley rollers on the M5 have sealed bearings and can’t be greased. If they’re squealing or the roller is sliding rather than rolling you’ve got a bad bearing and need to replace it before you ruin the roller. You don’t want to grease or silicone the rails because then the rollers will slide rather than turn eventually wearing flat spots on them.

Mick

Reaction score
My bad, I was thinking of our 4000’s. The bridge rollers and trolley rollers on the M5 have sealed bearings and can’t be greased. If they’re squealing or the roller is sliding rather than rolling you’ve got a bad bearing and need to replace it before you ruin the roller. You don’t want to grease or silicone the rails because then the rollers will slide rather than turn eventually wearing flat spots on them.
Ok thanks