What's new

Goldline power supply

WashFixer

Reaction score
I shut off a Water Wizard 2.0 last night to tighten V belts and when I turned it back on the Goldline did not work. I have power coming into the cabinet but no LEDs on the back panel and nothing on the scrolling sign. when I turn the Goldline off and back on there are words on the scrolling sign for 2 seconds but then nothing. The status lights on the validator and coin mechs are blinking like normal.
After doing a little research and talking to Hamilton I'm thinking the DC power supply died. I saw on another thread that you could buy the power supply board for much less than the whole power supply, so I tried to order that from Hamilton but they have discontinued that and the "old" style power supply and replaced it with a new power supply.
So I've got a new power supply ordered from Hamilton, part number 05-0086. Price was $326 + shipping.

Hopefully I'll have it Monday and I'll let you guys know if thats it

I noticed the customer has a tiny little desk heater in the cabinet but it wasnt working so the cabinet was about 34 degrees ish

WashFixer

Reaction score
Put a new power supply in and that fixed it. It turned out the problem was a bare wire on that little desk heater from getting pinched in the door. There is a fuse in the power supply that I didn't see before so I'm hoping that's the problem with the old one, I haven't had a chance to check yet