What's new

Ginsan Problem - Unable to Open Door

CentralTex

Reaction score
Has anyone else dealt with the following issue? We installed new Ginsan machines less than a year ago with Crypto-pay and generally have been happy. We ran into a problem the other day where we could not open the door of one of the machines. We could unlock it, but not unscrew it open. Please see the attached photos. What happened is that the square nut that the bolt screws into broke loose from the thin metal cage that keeps it in place. When we tried to unscrew the bolt, both the bolt and square nut would free spin. We had previously tried spot welding the square nut to the bracket it sits in to prevent this from happening, but it obviously failed. My mechanic has informed me that the root cause is due to two items: 1 Neither the bolt nor the square nut are tapered making it easier for the these items to mate. As it is, we seem to be eating away at the thread of the square nut as we constantly try to line these two up to mate and 2. The square nut has too much play, which is why we tried the spot weld with the bracket that is meant to keep it in place.

After several days of trying to get into the machine, we finally broke the bolt (the machines are secure). I'm trying to avoid this from happening again. Has anyone else dealt with the issue? If so, how have you resolved? I spoke to one of the techs at Ginsan and he says he has never encountered this problem, which I found odd. Thoughts?

Attachments

STXCW

Reaction score
A lot of equipment uses that type of bolt and nut to secure doors shut. 9 times out of 10 the issue arises from over tightening.

MEP001

Reaction score
I helped a guy install these same boxes at two washes, and some of them were so out of line he could barely get the lock threads started. I had to use a tire iron to bend the door and force the lock to line up with the nut. He hasn't had any problems with them since. The nut is supposed to have some play so it "floats" itself to line up with the threads on the lock shaft. Keep a little grease on the threads too.