What's new

Ginsan gs402 weird timer issue

Etowah

thbeard8

Reaction score
I have a new mark vii jet wash for my ss. They are currently wired to ginsan gs402 timers. About two weeks ago one of my bays started having a weird issue were sometimes it would take 6 quarters take quarters to start (as it is suppose to) sometimes 7 quarters,8,9 and sometimes more! I figured it was a timer issue so I switched it with another bay that was working just to make sure.. nope! The issue continued. The mark vii jet wash has a coin pulse button on the pump stand so I removed my slug buster acceptor (now thinking that it was the problem) and pressed the coin pulse button.. but the issue was still there. Then I put a voltage meter on the timer terminal 1 and 4 to check to see if there were 24 volts (which there was). But when I did this and pressed the coin pulse button with my meter still on the timer I never had an issue. It would start on 6 quarters every time. Then i removed my voltage meter and the problem came right back. It would also work if I went from the #4 terminal to ground. To make matters worse two days ago another bay started having the exact same issue…

pictures attached are of the inside of the pump stand

Attachments

washnvac

Reaction score
I had this same issue at one of my locations using slugbusters. Ended up using the slugbuster to trigger an ice cube relay, which inturn made dry contact pulses to the timer. This solved my problem. (not sure about your pulse button)

I have the same timers and acceptors at other locations, with no issues. I have absolutley no idea why the dry contacts corrected the issue, nor what was causing the problem in the first place. Talked to Doug over at Parker, and he could not shed any light on it either. I did not investigate any further, as the relay fixed my problem......I just moved on to the next thing.