What's new

Futura Fits and refunds

Bricks

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Can anyone tell me what would be treadle sensor? I was thinking it’s the one on the nylon wheel that reads the elevator bolt looking things as they pass by it. I have three refunds to issue in as many days. And the biggest worry is that I’ll lose those customers.

I have videos of what it’s doing. Usually it puts the presoak on and tells them to exit. It used to only happen to a new corvette, now it’s been a Camry and a GMC truck and something else.
I’ve read through years of Futura posts on here. Mike V seemed like the man. It’s very sad to read his posts of his cancer battle. BTW Fu*k cancer!!
Thanks

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Doesn't it have some mechanical switch for the in-position treadle? I haven't actually seen one in so long I forget.

Bricks

Reaction score
Doesn't it have some mechanical switch for the in-position treadle? I haven't actually seen one in so long I forget.
There’s one (prox) in the arch that tells it when to stop and one that tells it to display “back up” I’m not sure what the one on the floor does. I should get a picture of it.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Can anyone tell me what would be treadle sensor? I was thinking it’s the one on the nylon wheel that reads the elevator bolt looking things as they pass by it. I have three refunds to issue in as many days. And the biggest worry is that I’ll lose those customers.

I have videos of what it’s doing. Usually it puts the presoak on and tells them to exit. It used to only happen to a new corvette, now it’s been a Camry and a GMC truck and something else.
I’ve read through years of Futura posts on here. Mike V seemed like the man. It’s very sad to read his posts of his cancer battle. BTW Fu*k cancer!!
Thanks
You are correct and it sounds like it is losing track of where it is. Could be the sensor or could be bearings need replaced and it has gotten out of adjustment from too much play.

Bricks

Reaction score
You are correct and it sounds like it is losing track of where it is. Could be the sensor or could be bearings need replaced and it has gotten out of adjustment from too much play.
I recently put bearings in those wheels. They are under a cover but I also smeared vasoline to act as a barrier . When I took the cover off yesterday it had a smear of dark looking grease on the head of one of the four elevator bolts. I wiped it clean and adjusted the sensor a little closer to them. I hope that fixes it. Thanks for verifying!!

bigjws

Reaction score
Is your Auto the one with the treadle on the ground (like the Revolution), or is it the Millennium with the treadle-less system (where the treadle and backup sensors move with the gantry)?

Either way, it is most likely a sensor either going bad (they have to be replaced from time to time) or it's the connections to the sensors going bad. If the sensor is wired directly into the computer, it's probably just the sensor that needs replacing. If someone has replaced it before and 'wire-nutted' the new one to the wire coming from the computer center, check the wire nut connections -- a lot of times they will rust and break just enough where it makes connections some of the time, and errors out some of the time.

Bricks

Reaction score
Is your Auto the one with the treadle on the ground (like the Revolution), or is it the Millennium with the treadle-less system (where the treadle and backup sensors move with the gantry)?

Either way, it is most likely a sensor either going bad (they have to be replaced from time to time) or it's the connections to the sensors going bad. If the sensor is wired directly into the computer, it's probably just the sensor that needs replacing. If someone has replaced it before and 'wire-nutted' the new one to the wire coming from the computer center, check the wire nut connections -- a lot of times they will rust and break just enough where it makes connections some of the time, and errors out some of the time.
Thanks a lot! I’m thinking it’s treadleless?? There’s one sensor on the floor that i don’t know what it does. Everything else moves with the gantry. It’s a Futura SSA revolution is all I really know as far as it’s name. Thanks again!

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I think they put in a 'mass' sensor on the ground under the rail on some units. They are just another type of proximity sensor, but they detect large things a long distance away. They are totally unreliable. I think they have a gain screw on them to adjust sensitivity.

So, if you don't have an actual treadle, which is a thing on the floor that a tire parks in, then you have a treadless system. If the alarm is 'lost treadle input' it's probably the mass sensor they wired into that treadle input on the PLC that is detecting nothing in the bay (probably falsely), and the machine is cancelling the wash.

I believe most machines reverted back to a regular photo eye mid bay that would make sure it was a car in the bay (as it would have to block both that eye and the stop eye before the wash would start). That setup works fine.

The other alarm for backup photo eye is exactly what it says. It's the second set of eyes that, if blocked, tell the customer to back up.

MEP001

Reaction score
So, if you don't have an actual treadle, which is a thing on the floor that a tire parks in, then you have a treadless system. If the alarm is 'lost treadle input' it's probably the mass sensor they wired into that treadle input on the PLC that is detecting nothing in the bay (probably falsely), and the machine is cancelling the wash.
Those can be really sensitive. A local operator installed them in the self-serve bay floors to cancel his bonus time if the vehicle moves. He has it adjusted where if it moves at all, even a few inches, it kills the bonus time.