What's new

Freestyler vs Flex 5

Pap

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After considering all the factors of our bay limitations, the machine's capabilities, as well as the distributor's support for our area, we believe we have our replacement IBA ranked with the top two machines being the Freestyler and Flex 5. The 3rd & 4th choices would be the Ryko Maxx 5 & Mark VII. With that, what are your opinions of the Freestyler and the Flex 5? Sales reporting (daily & weekly) and remote access are two features that are high on our list. The Flex 5 has limited capability with regard to reporting and relies on the pay station for that function from what the distributor has shared. Any and all thoughts (good, bad & ugly) regarding these two machines would be greatly appreciated.

cooll903

Reaction score
dont know a lot about the freestyler or flex but i do know that you will get great tech support from belanger.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Freestyler has been around for a while, & does a good job & can do Duallys. But, it uses air pressure to detect brush pressure on the car, vs. Torque sensoring on Oasis i5 WW Profile & a few others. Freestyler also uses pumps, instead of injectors for lp apps. Neither of those are huge issues, but just some newer technology.
The Istobal is a great cleaning machine, but it's weakness on remote access turns some techy guys off, but I thi knyou csn still check things & do several adjusents.. It's few shortcomings wouldn't bother me though. I think the i5 is prolly 1 of the best in this area, according to a few owners I know.

My SoftGloss Max5 is surpassing all my hopes, in pure car counts. So my customers love it, & their opinions are the most important.

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
On the flex 5, I can log in and see car counts remotely, but it doesn't have income reporting feature that I know of. It will email or text me if there is a problem, I can reset the machine, tweak the brush settings, start the machine, and change programming- almost everything I can do at the HMI on site.

Pap

Reaction score
Soonermajic The Oasis rep will at our wash this Friday. Thanks for the suggestion!

Pap

Reaction score
On the flex 5, I can log in and see car counts remotely, but it doesn't have income reporting feature that I know of. It will email or text me if there is a problem, I can reset the machine, tweak the brush settings, start the machine, and change programming- almost everything I can do at the HMI on site.
Thanks Greg

mac

Reaction score
Since I sold and now operate a Flex5 I know a little about them. If you can log in and get a car count, all you have to do is multiply the count by your wash charges. It has two counters, one is resettable and the other is not. If you do go with them I highly recommend the wheel blasters. They are recessed in the frame which gets you about 20" more clearance, and they can't be hit like the brushes. And ask for floor reflectors, not the small guide rails most use. Either way it's exciting when you've committed to buying something new.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Driving down an hour to see a Flex5 in the real today. Never seen / been through one.

mac

Reaction score
Please let us know your opinion.