What's new

Fragrance for Pre Soak passes

Roz

Reaction score
I have duel injectors for my LP1 & LP2 functions on my Razor. Looking for a good Hi PH pre soak product that has a nice fragrance to add to my Hi PH pass. The standalone cherry fragrances are $150/gal so I might as well boost the Hi PH pass with a second Hi PH product that has a strong fragrance scent instead of just a fragrance. When we add a Bug Off product it has a nice citrus aroma but that is for our top package, want to differentiate the aromas by the package if possible.

washnshine

Reaction score
Is your current hi pH unscented? Unfortunately most of the strongest scented stuff is in the self serve line of chemicals and doesn’t add much power to cleaning in a touchfree IBA. Just thinking out loud but maybe stick with your manufacturer for compatibility - just in case that’s an issue. Not sure if you did that with your bug off or not.

Roz

Reaction score
Is your current hi pH unscented? Unfortunately most of the strongest scented stuff is in the self serve line of chemicals and doesn’t add much power to cleaning in a touchfree IBA. Just thinking out loud but maybe stick with your manufacturer for compatibility - just in case that’s an issue. Not sure if you did that with your bug off or not.
I am sticking with pre soak as it works. Trying to find something to add to it for scent, ideally a Hi PH to boost the pre soak too

Eric H

Reaction score
What is the dilution ratio for the added scent you are using now?
I add blue FB detergent to my SS presoak with a pink tip. The pink tip is the smallest standard tip with a dilution ratio of 240:1. I could probably do less than that but it has a nice strong blue color and a nice scent.
You’ll have to do a lot of experimenting to get a product that looks and smells like you want it at a ratio that you can afford.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
ROZ, I don't think you want to try to use straight fragrance concentrate but rather a neutral pH scented foamer. Ver-Tech labs Burst line or Quest's Make Scents line would probably work well for you. I actually use these type of products as my HP self serve soap because they foam well and smell great. Ver-Tech's Stay "Calm & Clean" smells like fresh laundry detergent. I'm assuming Quest's "Gotta Be Tide" is similar but I'm still waiting on my order. These products are a bit pricey at first glance ($150-200/5gallons) but can be diluted very far out.

Roz

Reaction score
The KR bug master has a citrus scent. We use with our Hi PH.

washnshine

Reaction score
This is a good smelling product by CSI. It will be different than your citrus smell to different package scents.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I found a lot of the stronger presoaks will kill the scent. Citrus/lemon scents seem to hold up the best to the alkalinity.

Roz

Reaction score
That is what we are finding. We have experimented with some scents via a dual port injector. Does not move the needle.

the best result so far has been to inject fragrance with the undercarriage. Hits the hot parts of the car and is not competing with another chemical.