What's new

Fragramitics Spot Shampoo unit

David Rolf

Reaction score
So I wanted to post a small battle I've been dealing with over the past couple of weeks for your humor. My Fragramitics spot shampoo CCD unit stopped making suds. Since I bought the wash 3 years ago it's been working great. I replaced the entire hose assembly 9 months ago just to be sure it was in good shape and was working great for customers. Two weeks ago it was only blowing air with watery soapy water. No foam. I told myself OK I got this. A quick call to the manufacturer and they said it must be the pump rollers, what color are they? Shit never checked that and don't have time to wait for advice. I told myself I show the old machine whose boss I'll replace all parts, pickup hoses, solenoid, roller/hose and show you. After it was done I proudly hit the power and the same thing no foam. As I sat there on a 100-degree day of the vac island saying WTF I must have missed. It dawned on me. Suds needs friction to foam... Who knew there was a foam generator foam pill in the brush head. Where did it go??? After checking nothing was there. Placed a small piece of scotch brite in the brush hole and the suds were flowing again! For all you old boys you're saying duh. For me, it was a sweet victory and I won. The moral is don't overthink things and always look at the little things first! The good news is the unit is now overhauled for years to come. Onto the next repair now....

MEP001

Reaction score
I keep an Armor All sponge on hand for this very reason. A 1/2" gasket punch makes a perfect replacement pellet out of the sponge that foams even better. Works on Coleman units too.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Great job David!! I learned the same thing a couple years ago. Personally, I prefer to use a small piece of a stainless steel scrubber as it doesn't break down like the foam sponge material.