What's new

Foaming Brush Relief valve leaking

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Walked into the equipment room and saw some chemical leaked on the ground. Opened the door on the side of the Ginsan Ultimate Compact, and chemical was coming out of what I highlighted in the picture. I did make sure pressures weren't set way too high, does it mean the pressure regulator has gone bad?

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Those relief valves sometimes just fail. I assume it didn't freeze last night? It may have debris in it that you can clean out, but it'll keep failing and leaking until you replace it.

Every time I work on Ginsan equipment like that I take the regulator, check valve and popoff valve out and I add an air regulator to the inlet of the Flojet. The pumps last longer because they're not running max pressure all the time, and there's a lot less to go wrong.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Those relief valves sometimes just fail. I assume it didn't freeze last night? It may have debris in it that you can clean out, but it'll keep failing and leaking until you replace it.

Every time I work on Ginsan equipment like that I take the regulator, check valve and popoff valve out and I add an air regulator to the inlet of the Flojet. The pumps last longer because they're not running max pressure all the time, and there's a lot less to go wrong.
Thank you for the response.

It definitely didn't freeze last night. I will try to take it off to clean it today. Do I have to shut off the line coming into it or just make sure no one is using the foaming brush?

Do you have any pictures of the change that you do? It sounds like it would be a good update for us to do.

Randy

Reaction score
I’d definitely turn off the air going to the Foam brush system before attempting to service the relief valve. I’d remove the relief valve and temporarily put a ¼” plug in place of the relief valve. We only have one Flo jet pump left. I run it at 50 psi, air pressure is regulated at the air compressor. I have another air regulator on the air injection side of the Foam brush manifold, its set at about 35 psi. I very seldom ever have to any adjustments to the Foam brush system. We’ve been using a Flojet G55 pump with good results. All of our other systems use a Procon pump.

MEP001

Reaction score
Either turn off all the air or disconnect the air line at the Flojet.

It would be fine to just remove the relief valve and plug the fitting. It's foam brush, there's usually nothing to back up that will ever need to be relieved.

Etowah

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Took the relief off and cleaned it, didn't do the trick as it started leaking more often, I am guessing because it had been used more. I have new relief valves on the way so I will replace it tomorrow, hopefully it does the trick.

I have the Liquid set at about 38psi, and the air at around 31psi. Does that sound off to anyone? The brush seemed to be foaming well still.

Randy

Reaction score
I would have taken the relief valve off and plugged it with a ¼” brass plug. You don’t really need it with foam brush, I doubt that you’re going to get much back pressure on your foam brush. 38 psi and 31 psi sound about right as long as you’re happy with the quality of the product/foam that you’re putting out.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't think there are separate adjustments for each bay on the solenoids, so you have to set it with the pressure regulators. You will have to figure out what looks best for you by playing with the pressures. I like to have a cow pie constantly falling off the brush to the floor.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Replaced the relief, didn't do a single thing. It's almost worst now,as it sprays ever few minutes. If anyone has any ideas and can call me 802-558-1631 I would greatly appreciate it.

MEP001

Reaction score
You have to use the correct spring and adjust it. Or just take it out and plug it, what is going to back up into the foam brush lines and cause a problem?

Did you make sure the air pressure to the Flojets is not over 80 PSI?

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
You have to use the correct spring and adjust it. Or just take it out and plug it, what is going to back up into the foam brush lines and cause a problem?

Did you make sure the air pressure to the Flojets is not over 80 PSI?
I used the red spring, 51-100psi. When I check that air regulator from our compressor where it splits to the flow jets it was at 80psi

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
I unhooked the lines to make sure it wasn't plugged. When I took the cap off the regulator the inside had a bunch of residue so I don't think that was sealing. Putting it back together now