What's new

Foambritesoft gloss xs

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
I have a foambrite softgloss xs in bay automatic. My problem is once I put in my money $8 wash. The screen display shows wash is activating. But never activates. I checked the dislay and it shows no alarms or codes. I reset it by turning off the power and waiting a few minutes then turning back on. It will reset it. I try it again, put in money, says carwash is activating but does not. The green light does not come on or the wash. Any idea what i can check ? I checked the brakers inside the wash and all electrical i can see.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
It depends on what type of coinbox you are using. If it is a Ryko coinbox, it's likely using network arming, so you would need to troubleshoot the network. If you are using someone else's activation, it should be sending a 24VDC signal to the PLC. Package 1 is input X30, package 2 is X31, etc up to X35 for package 5. The common wire is 19. When you use the coinbox and select the wash package, you should see a brief 24VDC signal coming across the appropriate wire to the PLC of the machine. If not, it will do exactly what you described. You need to check the wiring from the coinbox through the wash bay terminal box, across the boom to the PLC.

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
It depends on what type of coinbox you are using. If it is a Ryko coinbox, it's likely using network arming, so you would need to troubleshoot the network. If you are using someone else's activation, it should be sending a 24VDC signal to the PLC. Package 1 is input X30, package 2 is X31, etc up to X35 for package 5. The common wire is 19. When you use the coinbox and select the wash package, you should see a brief 24VDC signal coming across the appropriate wire to the PLC of the machine. If not, it will do exactly what you described. You need to check the wiring from the coinbox through the wash bay terminal box, across the boom to the PLC.
I ended up resetting everything and checking all my wiring in the coin box . When it all booted up I ran my truck through 3 times. It worked good. Except one of the brushes that swing and do the sides didn't swing out before the top brush came down. I had to give it a lil help. I'm hoping that it was just needing a lil greasing. I will know soon. Thanks for your advice!!

Ryko CS

Reaction score
That's great news! If you are having issues with the retract, in addition to the retract pressure regulator and to the needle valve used to soften it, make sure the air cylinder hinge clevis pins are lubricated too. You should be able to shift those pins up/down to ensure good movement.

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
That's great news! If you are having issues with the retract, in addition to the retract pressure regulator and to the needle valve used to soften it, make sure the air cylinder hinge clevis pins are lubricated too. You should be able to shift those pins up/down to ensure good movement.
I will check that. Thanks for the help.