What's new

Foambrite soft gloss xs

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
My foam brite in bay automatic has another issue. The side blasters. The one on the right has plenty of spray but the one on the left does nothing. I'm pretty sure it is a control valve or solenoid but I cant seem to fine it. Does anyone know where it is or has a drawing of where it is ?

Ryko CS

Reaction score
PM sent. I'll need your serial number to determine which side blaster manifold option you have in order to send drawings.

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
I took the blaster jets off and found it all clogged up. So that problem is fixed. Thank you. I found the service manual also..it's in pretty bad shape but I will see if I can get what I need out of it..

washnshine

Reaction score
Good to have Ryko CS checking this forum and offering help.

Mdbordelon318

Reaction score
PM sent. I'll need your serial number to determine which side blaster manifold option you have in order to send drawings.
Msoftgloss xs model is #99069040, My service manuel is in pretty bad shape. Can you give me some information on this problem ? When using the in bay automatic, the side brushes are finished and the top bush comes down on top of them before they move out the way. After a minute the left side moves out the way but the right is stuck. With a lil effort it moves. So im guessing something is out of ajustment. We did fine a 1/8" air line leaking so i repaired it. but it had a hole in the rubber line. so that needed to be fix.
Everything else seems to work, but not the credit card reader. It will take the card and attempt to read it then deny it. I have run the cleaner card through it, but it don't help. Do you have any suggestions i can try ?
Thank you for your help !!

Ryko CS

Reaction score
When the machine travels rear to front, the front arms should retract using the front arm return solenoid. While the gauge setting is 60PSI, it will usually be set a little less than 60 as normal return pressure. There is a small flow control valve used to soften the retract so they don't slam in the outward travel. They should retract softly against the out bumpers.

The other things that could affect the retract would be more mechanical with either the arm leveling, or possibly binding in the air cylinder. On each cylinder, there is a clevis pin. It should be clean and lubricated monthly so you can manually shift that pin up/down. To level the arms, turn off the air to the machine, then use the manual dump valve off the bottom of the MAC panel assembly to drain air from the system. Move one front arm to their fully "out" position against the out bumper, pull it out about an inch and let go. It should remain fairly steady. Then, lift the top brush out of the way, and bring the arm to the fully closed position against the bumper. Move again about an inch and let go to see if it moves. In both instances, it should move only slightly or not at all. If it does move, that indicates the arm isn't level. To adjust, you will need to put a floor jack under that brush, loosen the arm pivot bearings and adjust until you can keep them from either falling towards the center, or outward. It's OK if they move a little during this test, but it should be very slight and slow.

Etowah