What's new

Foam Brush Boom Maintenance

Keno

Reaction score
Hi group, the booms mounted on the walls for the foam brush don’t return all the way back to home position and we’ve had a few incidents of hoses getting broken off. Is there maintenance or adjustments that can be done to make the booms return all the way back home? I’m sure these booms haven’t received any maintenance in many years, wash was neglected when we bought it.

Attachments

slash007

Reaction score
That hose you have inside the boom might be too short and restricting it from going back. Also, make sure the hanger for the boom is angled towards the side you want the brush hose to go back to.

MEP001

Reaction score
It looks like the boom mount might be upside-down. The bottom hole in the bracket should be farther from the wall than the top.

soapy

Reaction score
The boom mount should have a natural tilt to it so the boom always returns one side. Some had a Derlin washer between the boom and the boom mount. You can pick them up at a hardware store. It will lessen friction and help the boom return.

Keno

Reaction score
That hose you have inside the boom might be too short and restricting it from going back. Also, make sure the hanger for the boom is angled towards the side you want the brush hose to go back to.
I will check this out, we plan on replacing all the hoses as they are old and hard. Will make sure we make the new ones long enough. Are you talking about the boom mount being angled or something else? The boom mount is installed with an angle towards that side - it isnt perfectly plumb.
It looks like the boom mount might be upside-down. The bottom hole in the bracket should be farther from the wall than the top.
I'm not following, farther from which wall?
The boom mount should have a natural tilt to it so the boom always returns one side. Some had a Derlin washer between the boom and the boom mount. You can pick them up at a hardware store. It will lessen friction and help the boom return.
The boom mount was installed with a tilt to it, it isn't perfectly plumb. The bottom is more towards the center of the bay than the top of that makes sense. Are the washers just flat delrin washers?

OurTown

Reaction score
There are two holes in the bracket for the pin. The bottom hole in the bracket should be farther from the wall than the top hole to let the boom naturally lay against the wall.

You can see in that in the first photo.

Keno

Reaction score
Ah OK, I understand now, will check for that tomorrow