What's new

Fluid controls PR-1000A remove and replace

Keno

Reaction score
Hi group, 3 bays in our recently acquired wash have these valves to feed HP chemical. I believe 1 of them is not working correctly - HP soap and wax not feeding to bay and water back feeding into the diluted chemical holding tanks. This site used to be setup for hot water but was removed long ago. My question is can I remove and replace this valve with something else that is more simple and reliable? Water is fed from city water lines, no holding tank for water. But I wouldn’t be opposed to adding a holding tank for HP feed water if that is best practice. Need to get this fixed as the back flowing water is diluting the chemical and over flowing the tanks. Any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
For now, the simplest thing would be to rebuild or replace the PR-1000A. One of the best ways to get rid of the zero-pressure regulators is to add a holding tank.

Keno

Reaction score
For now, the simplest thing would be to rebuild or replace the PR-1000A. One of the best ways to get rid of the zero-pressure regulators is to add a holding tank.
I do have a new valve on order from car Wash superstore, will replace it for now. Will worry about switching to holding tank later, there are way too many more important projects in line before that. Thanks for the help.

Keno

Reaction score
I replaced the valve today and everything works again. Thanks for the help.

Another question, does anyone know the size of the o rings to rebuild? Those rebuild kits are quite pricey for some seals

MEP001

Reaction score
If it's not working, most likely the cartridge is washed out, which is why the o-ring on it is gone. The rebuild kit should come with a new cartridge. If they were made of stainless steel, they'd last forever.

Keno

Reaction score
If it's not working, most likely the cartridge is washed out, which is why the o-ring on it is gone. The rebuild kit should come with a new cartridge. If they were made of stainless steel, they'd last forever.
Thanks for the info, rebuild Kit is almost half the cost of a new valve. I will just replace them When I have to