What's new

Flex 5 combo ... thoughts?

BlueDolphin

Reaction score
We are looking at putting a flex 5 combo in at our location. Do you like yours?

mac

Reaction score
I just installed an extended height three brush combo in my wash. Now I used to sell them so I am biased toward them. The machine is probably the most advanced unit out there. If you do this be damn sure the person doing the wash programs knows what he,s doing and can explain it to you. For instance beyond the wash program settings, there are parameters that give you way more options. Let us know what you do

Crommel62

Reaction score
I currently have a touchless wash on its last leg so I already have the PayStation and back room equipment necessary. What’s a ballpark price on a Flex 5 installed?

mac

Reaction score
Depending on options you should figure around 150K. That should include machine, freight, install and taxes. You should be able to save around 4K by removing old unit and prepping. I always hate putting a new machine in a grungy bay.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Depends heavily on options. I think 180K is close to list price on a flex 5 five brush with side high pressure, lava, extra wax, trifoam and dryer. Profiling top high pressure and tire brushes adds quite a bit more. Would not surprise me to see one fully loaded flex five combo hit 200K list.

mac

Reaction score
Yes, depends on options. You can load most any of them up. I have always been somewhat amazed by PDQ pricing. I mean the price seems to set the top limit, but when I see one all I see is an I texted L that was introduced 30+ years ago.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Mac, loades w/ wheel blasters, & a "Lava Wax" type options, what's that gonna run ya?

WashSingh

Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with mine so far - I installed it in my bay roughly a year ago. The versatility and programmability of the machine, remote access, and almost always available tech support won the deal in my book.

mac

Reaction score
Mac, loades w/ wheel blasters, & a "Lava Wax" type options, what's that gonna run ya?
It will be north of 150K all loaded up. Could hit around 170K. A lot depends on the distributor and how hungry he is.

mac

Reaction score
It will be north of 150K all loaded up. Could hit around 170K. A lot depends on the distributor and how hungry he is.
If you do go head and buy one, I suggest getting the wheel blasters verses the tire brushes. With the right chemical they clean just as well, plus the wheel brushes will eventually get hit.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
What teller are you guys using? I'm thinking about a Flex 5 as a friction machine a a Petit 360 as my touchless. Have heard a lot of good things about both machines.

mac

Reaction score
I have an older WS2 with four selections. The Petit looks like a nice machine, just pricey, in my opinion. For less money you can get a Flex 5 combo that does both friction and touchless. That's what I just put in, only with the extended height options. Washed the tallest van last week, think it was around 9'-6", with a ladder rack on top. The friction got hung up on the rack, but the touchless wash did it just fine. Have a new customer now who is happy to pay $15 for that.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
So is that thing able to profile vehicles with ladder racks, bike racks, etc and compensate for it?

mac

Reaction score
In touchless mode, yes. Friction gets hung up on the ladder racks. Also the ladders, if any, can not extend beyond the rear of the vehicle.

WashSingh

Reaction score
I just installed an extended height three brush combo in my wash. Now I used to sell them so I am biased toward them. The machine is probably the most advanced unit out there. If you do this be damn sure the person doing the wash programs knows what he,s doing and can explain it to you. For instance beyond the wash program settings, there are parameters that give you way more options. Let us know what you do

Can you post a few pictures of the machine? I'd love to see what this looks like.