What's new

First time EE owner. Any advice is appreciated.

Crommel62

Reaction score
Hey guys my name is Cory, I'm new to the forum but not to the car wash business. I want to thank everyone on here for all of the great insight that has been shared. I've got 3 SS washes currently. I've got one 5/2 in a great location across the street from our super Walmart. I'm taking out one of my 2 touchless autos and extending the bay to install an 80' Sonnys tunnel. I figured I better do it before someone else does and kills my current biz. The demos aren't strong enough for 2 tunnels in this area. I'm just hoping these guys with unlimited money don't put one by mine just bc they feel like it. I just got through the permitting process, my equipment is scheduled to be installed in October.
This is my first EE and I'm planning on being there as much as I can every day. From what I've been told and read, I should have 2 employees on at all times, try to push the unlimited plans as much as possible, etc. What are everyone's thoughts on Marketing, number of total employees, hours that they work (I'm going to be open 7-am-7pm), any general wisdom on any topic is going to be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much guys.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Good luck Cory! Although there is some tunnel activity here, you will probably benefit most from the talkcarwash facebook group, which is probably 90% tunnel posts. Search out member Robert Green, he has a mixed site like you are building.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I did exactly what you are doing Cory, but I did mine 10 years ago. I had a 5/1 with a good location, so I ripped out the IBA, and the concrete, and installed an 85' Sonny's tunnel.

I wash more cars now, but labor costs, and chemical/utility costs are much higher too.

And I still had someone build a large EE across the street from a few years later.

Good luck.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Are you putting in pay stations? Basic wash price?

Crommel62

Reaction score
I’m going to have 1 Sonny’s pay station with enough room to add another if things take off. I will also have the license plate reader for unlimited plans. The Sonny’s rep suggested a base wash price of $6.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I’m going to have 1 Sonny’s pay station with enough room to add another if things take off. I will also have the license plate reader for unlimited plans. The Sonny’s rep suggested a base wash price of $6.
What is closest EE competition at? What do you plan to price unlimited at

Crommel62

Reaction score
The closest EE is about 5 miles away. They start unlimited at 19.99 - 39.99 so I’m thinking something along those lines

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The closest EE is about 5 miles away. They start unlimited at 19.99 - 39.99 so I’m thinking something along those lines
In some areas 5 miles could be considered close. In others - not really. You may want to consider a low price to generate a lot of members and gradually ratchet it up on an annul basis.

Crommel62

Reaction score
So are you suggesting a $5 basic package and a $15 unlimited plan?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
So are you suggesting a $5 basic package and a $15 unlimited plan?
It's a thought. Market it as a Limited Time Grand opening special and perhaps your competition won't come down to match you. Build volume for a yer or so and then raise.