What's new

e fusion auto - gantry issue

Oasis

Reaction score
Hello Experts,

from Houston, TX : I am new to the car wash business. issue observing on e fusion (Coleman Hanna) auto wash machine. , gentry is not coming to home position and stopped in between intermittently.

message : alarm 1 " No motion detected gantry motor was on. Check for obstruction on gantry track" .

I checked sensor and Track is clear. doubting on the wheels. please see the error message and image of wheels.

welcome any suggestion or service provider ref.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Your machine THINKS it is not moving. It detects movement on the tracks by using a count wheel located on the passenger side of the machine. The count wheel sits on the rail and has two proximity switches that sense movement of the machine. If one of these two prox switches go bad the machines faults with that error. It knows it reaches the each end of the track by a promiximity switches also that senses the metal targets located at each end of the bay.

The first thing I would do is reset the machine and attempt a wheel test, which is located in the tech menu. If it fails you need to see if one of those two proximity switches on the count wheel are bad. Also check to make sure that the proximity switches (labeled end of track prox and home prox) are functioning properly.

The fusionX is a pretty good machine but combo units in general are pretty complex machines. You're in Houston, the home of Coleman so you're lucky. I'm sure someone around there is familiar with them. Very few car wash techs know the fusion X well. There is also a guy by the name of Carlos Pleitez that services Coleman that I think is very familiar with these units. I think he is based out of Houston also.

Oasis

Reaction score
Your machine THINKS it is not moving. It detects movement on the tracks by using a count wheel located on the passenger side of the machine. The count wheel sits on the rail and has two proximity switches that sense movement of the machine. If one of these two prox switches go bad the machines faults with that error. It knows it reaches the each end of the track by a promiximity switches also that senses the metal targets located at each end of the bay.

The first thing I would do is reset the machine and attempt a wheel test, which is located in the tech menu. If it fails you need to see if one of those two proximity switches on the count wheel are bad. Also check to make sure that the proximity switches (labeled end of track prox and home prox) are functioning properly.

The fusionX is a pretty good machine but combo units in general are pretty complex machines. You're in Houston, the home of Coleman so you're lucky. I'm sure someone around there is familiar with them. Very few car wash techs know the fusion X well. There is also a guy by the name of Carlos Pleitez that services Coleman that I think is very familiar with these units. I think he is based out of Houston also.

Thank you very much Greg. appreaciate. I called a technician and asked to perform above steps. he says Motor seems to have a issue :-( ? ?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the earlier message. I assumed the unit was still moving but the PLC was not detecting it. Yes, if it will not move then you could have a motor or VFD issue. Either is probably more than you would want to handle if your don't have any experience. Carlos' number is 832-725-6940, or the factory might be able to get someone out there.

Oasis

Reaction score
Thanks Greg, I talk to Carlos and he is suggesting to replace wheels and smooth the track.