What's new

Drive tires on M5 Laserwash

Etowah

Mick

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using solid rubber tires instead of tube tires? If they would work it would eliminate loss of tire pressure during season changes. I’m wondering if they would get a good grip or would they be to hard and possible slip

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
How would you get them on? It would be very difficult if not impossible.

sparkey

Reaction score
I wonder if you could foam fill the tires some how?

Mick

Reaction score
I don’t know it would be nice to find something to replace the pneumatic tires. I’ve seen foam filled tires advertised but still face the problem of getting them on. As is you have to deflate the pneumatic tire
in order compress it enough to get it on

STXCW

Reaction score
They will work for a while and as the moisture and chemical builds up they will start slipping on the rim. Tried it years ago and went back to pneumatic

Mick

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback slipping we definitely don’t want.
Guess we’ll be sticking with pneumatic

soapy

Reaction score
I have 1 old ryko monarch that uses drive tires to move the trolley back and forth. Years ago I took some aluminum diamond plate and had it cut to the width of the path the tires travel on. I bolted it to the rail path so the tires had something to grip to. It has worked for over 20 years and only time I ever have a problem is when the tire is completely flat.

Mick

Reaction score
I have 1 old ryko monarch that uses drive tires to move the trolley back and forth. Years ago I took some aluminum diamond plate and had it cut to the width of the path the tires travel on. I bolted it to the rail path so the tires had something to grip to. It has worked for over 20 years and only time I ever have a problem is when the tire is completely flat.
very Good suggestion. Thanks