What's new

DRB tunnel watch issue

joe denardis

President
Reaction score
Having an issue with DRB dropping the connection between the hard drive and the TCW. We had issues back in April/May. At that time we replaced the adapter in back of hard drive and AC adapter and the cable that plugs into communication plug (back to TCW). We replaced 150 ft of communication wire with shield wire back to TCW. No issues since May, however in September we are again having issues. We replaced communication board in hard drive and logic board in TCW. We still have problems. There is a communication drop at timesbetween the hard drive and TCW. As we all know the system is not dependent upon the internet. Does anyone have an ideas why the connection is being dropped. It could only be for an instant, but it stops us from processing vehicles. We have reboot the controller and the hard drive, then we can operate again. We have done everything that DRB has asked us to replace. DRB does not think it is the relay cards since the system does not start at times when it is idle meaning no vehicles are in the tunnel. The tunnel will not simply start ?? The communication drop occurs at varying times - could be when there is a vehicle in the tunnel and at other times when not vehicle is being processed.

I need help. Any advice from anyone ?

My email is: josephpdenardis@yahoo.com

So to recap, we have replaced the following:
  • Adapter, AC power adapter and jumper wire or wire that connect to wall plug going back to TCW
  • Replaced wire from hard drive to TCW with wire provided by DRB (shielded cable)
  • Replaced communication board in hard drive.
  • Replace logic board

JAGraff

Reaction score
Hi, Joe. I'm Julie Graff from DRB. I'd be happy to escalate this issue for you with support. Can you message me your location code?

Thanks,
Julie