What's new

Dollars Down the Drain

laserlou1

Reaction score
I have a laser and 3 bay self-serve in upstate New York. Just had a meeting with the sewer board to try to get my sewer bill lowered. I gave them independent studies that have determined that ALL water does not go down the drain. They estimated approximately 25-30%. The sewer board is requesting the names of other municipalities that have awarded a car wash owner reduction in their sewer bill. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

LibertyCarWash

Reaction score
I was just thinking of bringing this up with the city my wash is located at. Can you provide me some links for the studies you cited? I'd like to get my rates down as well. Thanks

dogwasher

Reaction score
My City has a rule, use one gallon of water pay for one gallon of water for treatment. I tried to explain to them how not all of it goes back to be treated and they l just laughed at me and said a rule is a rule.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Keep in mind that you are the only source of revenue. Fairness rarely comes into play. You are a dirty capitalist and a minority too, so just write the check. Like all other expenses you pass them on to the customer, some day they will quit paying them and you will go out of business and quit paying the city.