What's new

Dog wash

JTR1

Reaction score
Hello- I just purchased a wash I am considering installing a dog wash in one bay

currently 4 SS

one auto

all non operating

any advice is welcome
I am curious best place to look into units with warranty- pricing- potential ROI

One other dog wash in area at TSC charges 10$ supplies everything simple unit in store washing about 5 dogs a day

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look at a used setup if you are really set on the dog wash idea. I think the clean-up and extra expense of chemicals and equipment makes this idea a non-starter.

There is much better income potential with a car wash bay!

MEP001

Reaction score
Screw warranty. There's nothing to it, just solenoids, an injector, water heater, heated blower and tub. You could put it together for about a third of what a complete unit costs, and you'll know how to work on it yourself.

That said, IMO you're better off focusing on washing cars. The $10 with everything supplied will be impossible to compete against. You want to get about $10 per dog to make it worth doing. You'll either have to clean the tub after almost every customer or it will get so nasty no one will want to use it. I know a dozen people who converted a SS bay to a 1 or 2 tub pet wash and all but one were so disappointed by the whole thing they pulled it all out and went back to a regular bay. The one who does well keeps it clean and has no competition within 20 miles.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
JTR1 & others,

After proven itself with "over 10 years" of two self service dog wash separated stalls now ... we have found our specific customers appreciate the ability to position the height.

A factor is whether one's facility has workers there most of the time keeping drains unclogged etc.

A free 20 second "minty smelling" disinfectant cleanup on the menu ... helps along with encouraging customers to clean up after themselves!

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
In our location, we average about 2.5 dog washes per day at $10 (Australian) each. Ours is a small wash in a small town, so this actually is about 40% of our average SS bays sales (per bay). Our maintenance is minimal, certainly much less than a SS bay. We didn't do the original install, so I can't comment on ROI. Overall, very happy to have a separate dogwash as part of our setup.