What's new

Dixmor Timer For Fragramatics

Kolbyskarwash

Reaction score
Hey guys what Dixmor timers are plug and play on Fragramatics combo machines?? Thanks So Much In Advance!!

MEP001

Reaction score
None are plug and play. The LED-6S is the only one that will work since it has multiple price/time settings.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I just did a retro on two of my fragramatics with a Led 9 multi function and they also have a Led 7 multi function also which is almost identical in size to the IDX 800. All of them will require rewiring no doubt. Nick at dixmor can walk you through it for sure.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I should ask what model of fragramatic exactly do you have and year. The Quadra vac is the only one that I would be hesaint to convert. As far as like a FV-3,SAV-F, or pre 2005 model you can convert to dixmor no problem the timer they have with a smartcard and all that would be a more complex job to convert over.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I just did a retro on two of my fragramatics with a Led 9 multi function and they also have a Led 7 multi function also which is almost identical in size to the IDX 800. All of them will require rewiring no doubt. Nick at dixmor can walk you through it for sure.

I am thinking of converting over to dixmor so that I can have my vacs count up like my bays with cryptopay. I will have to have the same price for vac,fragrance, and shampoo. But the vacs will operate like the bays and eliminate confusion between devices.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Greg honestly for me personally my wash is in a upper household income area/town and I installed 7 cryptopay readers on all my vacs and I honestly wasted my money and the ROI is going to be super slow now when I installed cryptopay in the bays the ROI was Awsome they pretty much paid for themselves in a little over a month in the bays but not the vacs. The vaccums and I charge $1.50 and $2.00 with card if I had to do it over again I would never install them on vacuums. Now that's just from my experience. The dixmor timers yes I done it bc I got tired of the displays burning up from the sun and the idx ones are very difficult to read in the daytime the dixmor timers are so bright it doesn't matter.

boywonder

Reaction score
I had credit cards on 25% of my vacs for the longest time. Last summer upgraded to multi-function vacuums, dixmor timers, bill acceptors, and all have credit card. I pull in more in credit card and a higher average on credit card, than I do cash.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hi guys, Just received my LED9s as a replacement for IDX for my SVSR. The wiring is slightly different. Nick at dixmor didn’t know how to wire. Has anyone done this before and figured the wiring diagram out using existing fragramatics harness? Thanks

boywonder

Reaction score
Let me know how you come out. Looking to do this to mine.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've done it, I was handed the timer and some hand-written instructions. It's very easy.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Yes TDL, and my wiring looks similar.

I was really surprised that dixmor didn't know right off the bat. but it is simple conversion. What initiated the phone call was not knowing how to wire the horn, but they did inform me I needed a different horn than what IDX uses.

I also thought about adding a wire and third function to identify spot remover on the display, but haven't done that yet.

I'm using the LED9 multi function model but I'm thinking of running count up in $ on my cryptopay so I won't really be using the multifuction since the timer can't account for the changing of functions when CC is used. However, all devices will work the same on the property when CC is used and eliminate customer confusion. On vacs, I'm going to do a $2.00 startup for 8 minutes and will trim the time down over the next couple of years (re-opening a closed down car wash)

boywonder

Reaction score
Just installed the first of two refurbished fragramatics vacuums. Completely stripped down cleaned, and reassembled. Switched from a vacuum with shampoo and spot remover, to a 2 speed vacuum and a shampooer. Used the Dixmor LED 9. Love it so far

Attachments

wyatt

Reaction score
Have a strange issue happening... Just updated a big two timer to an led9 multifunction. My vac is $1 for 4 mins and shampoo/spot is $1 for 2 mins. When I flip the switch the time changes perfectly going back and forth between the two different times per $1. BUT when I flip the on/off switch on the shampoo handle it flips the timer back to the vacuum time???

So when the shampoo handle is in the "on" position it follows the vac time, when it's in the "off" position it follows the shampoo time...

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Sounds like it is wired wrong. your LED9 knows what function it is by applying 24 v to the correct input, and it sounds like that voltage is traveling through the handle switch.

wyatt

Reaction score
I followed the pictures above exactly.. Where else should I look for a rouge wire?

MEP001

Reaction score
Does the switch for the shampoo wand need to go to the timer? Normally it just controls relays that turn the pump motors on and off.

wyatt

Reaction score
I didn't touch move the wires for the shampoo wand. They aren't hooked into the timer as far as I know. But yes the air compressor is on and then the wand switch turns the actual pumps on.

Etowah